• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D BH Design 50% Edge 540

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Which can be a pain in the azz...don't you have to buddy box for x number of flights and be certified by experienced turbo pilots before a waiver is issued? We have a few turbo pilots around here but not many.
I am actually not too sure. Hmmm!!!!

Mikeq

150cc
I am actually not too sure. Hmmm!!!!

I started to buy a few years ago one of those shock jets and at the time read something posted about getting waivers...We had a Navy person come up to the Little Rock Air Force Base TDY for training one year from Desmond Florida and he belonged to club that flew jets. He said down there it wasn't that difficult to get a waiver I guess because so many people fly jets. I guess you just have to convince the experienced modeler that you can set up maintain and fly your turbine model in a controlled and safe manner.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I started to buy a few years ago one of those shock jets and at the time read something posted about getting waivers...We had a Navy person come up to the Little Rock Air Force Base TDY for training one year from Desmond Florida and he belonged to club that flew jets. He said down there it wasn't that difficult to get a waiver I guess because so many people fly jets. I guess you just have to convince the experienced modeler that you can set up maintain and fly your turbine model in a controlled and safe manner.

I think that's about what it amounts to. We have a number of jet jockies out here. They make it look easy. Watching @Flyrcjoe fly his this past weekend was a complete thrill. That little green dude is "FAST"!!! Not to mention Joe is a pretty excellent pilot anyways.:way_to_go:

Mikeq

150cc
I think that's about what it amounts to. We have a number of jet jockies out here. They make it look easy. Watching @Flyrcjoe fly his this past weekend was a complete thrill. That little green dude is "FAST"!!! Not to mention Joe is a pretty excellent pilot anyways.:way_to_go:

That's my ultimate goal to fly jets and it maybe after I retire...you just need to be positioned to be able to spend a lot of money...

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Although a turbo prop powered BH 50% Edge would be extremely out of the ordinary and very cool indeed. Just really no practicality to it. And though a lot less elaborate and much more conventional, I am certain the power up front is going to be just as impressive.

Mikeq

150cc
A little Turbine action with Joe and his very fast jet.

Man don't you love that swoosh sound? That was fast...
big-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif