• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D BH Design 50% Edge 540

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I have done EDF's with 70 and 90mm fans and have to say the speed is up there. The price point is good for a beginner with EDF's as well. Is the waiver mainly because of the Flying Gas Tank?. I pulled the sticks on our club presidents Boomerang??
and he put 2 gallons just about in it. Lots of Kero in em.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
How about a couple of pics of some cowl work to plug up the holes from the previous motor? Long way to go...but it's getting there.
image[1].jpeg
image[2].jpeg

Which can be a pain in the azz...don't you have to buddy box for x number of flights and be certified by experienced turbo pilots before a waiver is issued? We have a few turbo pilots around here but not many.

Just revisiting the thread and seen a quote reply.....

No, I dont think you have to be buddy boxed, unless you are getting signed off on your own turbine jet. I could get my turbine waiver tomorrow if I wanted it. I have flown high performance airplanes for 6 years, pylon racing. You just have to demo that you can handle an airplane that exceeds 100mph, with retractable gear and flaps. If that's the case, I could use my EDF. It is 104mph with all the fixings and trimmings.

Of course, I think that is what needs to happen. Also, I think you need 1 or 3 other turbine wavered pilots to watch you fly as well. Once they lay their name on the paper, you are golden. Then you get a new AMA card with turbine on it.