• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D BH Design 50% Edge 540

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Just revisiting the thread and seen a quote reply.....

No, I dont think you have to be buddy boxed, unless you are getting signed off on your own turbine jet. I could get my turbine waiver tomorrow if I wanted it. I have flown high performance airplanes for 6 years, pylon racing. You just have to demo that you can handle an airplane that exceeds 100mph, with retractable gear and flaps. If that's the case, I could use my EDF. It is 104mph with all the fixings and trimmings.

Of course, I think that is what needs to happen. Also, I think you need 1 or 3 other turbine wavered pilots to watch you fly as well. Once they lay their name on the paper, you are golden. Then you get a new AMA card with turbine on it.
Yup...pretty much accurate in every detail. Inspected by one that holds certification. Proven complete understanding of operation of said turbine and aircraft. Proven safe flight, send application with sign off's to AMA and you're set.:way_to_go:

Mikeq

150cc
Damn Dimes...hehe has a ring to it...I just noticed you have almost as many likes as messages....Gezz I guess nobody likes me
crying-and-sniffling.gif