• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Bud Nosen 1/4 Scale Cub?

I'm thinking of using the Sig X hinges, and a length of piano wire to secure them, as I'll be able to remove the surfaces if I need to. If I go with any thing else, it will probably just be Robart 3/16 pin hinges. I think the Sig X's will be easier to install though.

Look like they are top hinged, should be fun. Hinging is one part of the build I hate, tried many different methods put ever found one I like.

I hear ya!! I've gotten a few robarts off kilter. Gives a nice squeak to the surface. :confused??: I have a better time with the CA hinges :too-cool:

Well, I decided to use the Sig Super X hinges. I've used them alot in the past and like them. I'll be using some music wire to pin them so I can remove the surfaces if I need to. Here's some pics.

Attachments

• IMG_3243.JPG
    IMG_3243.JPG
    442.7 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_3244.JPG
    IMG_3244.JPG
    431.5 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_3245.JPG
    IMG_3245.JPG
    459.6 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_3247.JPG
    IMG_3247.JPG
    413.5 KB · Views: 235

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
So the lights are powered from the receiver at 2S lipo. That’s handy looks interesting. And the port it is plugged into has control of on/off.

So the lights are powered from the receiver at 2S lipo. That’s handy looks interesting. And the port it is plugged into has control of on/off.

Yep, it plugs right into the receiver and I use an aux switch to turn them on and off. It does work really well.