• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale BUSA Super Cub

That's gonna be one beautiful looking aircraft there, Tony.
btw, I just noticed your Craftsman air compressor in one of the pics. Have you had any trouble with it not reaching full pressure? Mine won't go past 50#, then won't restart for a long time after. I just ordered a new run capacitor. I hope that fixes it.

Been masking off the next color session. hopefully will put the color to it on Friday, going flying tomorrow. Was out yesterday and had about five flights, practicing the various maneuver's for the upcoming scale competition. The figure eight is a real tuff maneuver to fly. I got a lot of work to do!
Which event are you practicing for? The Nats, or the one in NY?

TonyHallo

150cc
That's gonna be one beautiful looking aircraft there, Tony.
btw, I just noticed your Craftsman air compressor in one of the pics. Have you had any trouble with it not reaching full pressure? Mine won't go past 50#, then won't restart for a long time after. I just ordered a new run capacitor. I hope that fixes it.
You probably need a new ring and sleeve
Rebuild Kit

TonyHallo

150cc
Pease do, what part of Ohio do you hale from?
Is your compressor making a lot of noise when running? Is your motor capacitor start, capacitor run?

Pease do, what part of Ohio do you hale from?
Is your compressor making a lot of noise when running? Is your motor capacitor start, capacitor run?
I'm in the Columbus area. I fly at Dineen Field, Westerville Model Aeronautics Assoc. No excessive noise from the compressor motor. Just the usual oil-less pump sound. Yes, the motor is cap start/cap run.

TonyHallo

150cc
My compressor is 2 hp so I doubt it us capacitor run. It is noisy however, Are you flying in the contest on August 10? I just checked my calendar and already have plans on the 10th.