• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale BUSA Super Cub

TonyHallo

150cc
This was a BUSA kit so I used the ribs provided in the kit, airfoil is a flat bottom Clark Y type and is 13 1/2% thick. The Tri Paced has a similar airfoil. Not flying aerobatics so the flat bottom provides plenty of lift at low speeds. The Champ has a NACA 4412 airfoil, it is slightly under cambered and the same airfoil is used on the full scale. The Cherokee has a NACA 2415 at the root and 2412 at the tip. I made the airfoil thicker at root to accommodate the wing tube. The 2412 airfoil was used by Miles Reed on a few of his designs and it works well on our models. I normally stick with what is shown on the plans.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
This was a BUSA kit so I used the ribs provided in the kit, airfoil is a flat bottom Clark Y type and is 13 1/2% thick. The Tri Paced has a similar airfoil. Not flying aerobatics so the flat bottom provides plenty of lift at low speeds. The Champ has a NACA 4412 airfoil, it is slightly under cambered and the same airfoil is used on the full scale. The Cherokee has a NACA 2415 at the root and 2412 at the tip. I made the airfoil thicker at root to accommodate the wing tube. The 2412 airfoil was used by Miles Reed on a few of his designs and it works well on our models. I normally stick with what is shown on the plans.

Ok thanks for the info just wandering. The NACA 2412 I know just looking at wing designs and wondered what you were using.

TonyHallo

150cc
Assembling the interior, the front seat will remain out until the fuel system and ignition are installed.

IMG_3424.jpg
IMG_3426.jpg