• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport Cappy cuts/builds an old school Ultra Hots with a few mods.

capthis

70cc twin V2
Vertical stab and rudder built. Plans call for 3/8 sheet stock. I went built up. Stab is 1/4" sheeted with 1/16. Rudder was slightly enlarged.

59886.jpeg
59874.jpeg

capthis

70cc twin V2
I also got a good start on the fuse. I cut my middle ply doublers out like my inner ones. My scale battery is dead so I didn't get a chance to weigh what was removed but I would guess about 2ozs.

I forgot to take a few pictures as I went along but here's where it is at.

59860.jpeg
59866.jpeg

capthis

70cc twin V2
Thanks for the positive comments! I keep thinking about the covering scheme for this one. I can't decide if I want to go with my standard red and white scheme (I can see those easy) or if I want to do some kind of warbird scheme?

capthis

70cc twin V2
What engine are you thinking about? I think a 110 inch one would be way kool with a 100cc twin in the nose.

Van

DLE 30 is what I have for it.

I did order and receive the plans for the Big Hots, and the Super Hots, and the Hots as well so who knows I may do a bigger one some day?

capthis

70cc twin V2
60131.jpeg
Built the elevators. Plans for the stab are off so I had to pin both elevators together and then sand them. Also straighten my stab ends up square with the trailing edge. Old hand drawn plans that's been copied a few times aren't perfect....

capthis

70cc twin V2
Mock up of the tail feathers. Think those tail pieces will work? Don't want to get accused of not going big enough :)

Attachments

• 60135.jpeg
    60135.jpeg
    118.9 KB · Views: 427