• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Dalton Extra 260 35%...Back at it!

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
airplane canopy.jpg

I tried something I think Terryscustoms did awhile ago. I cut the balsa out where the canopy would have overlapped, and made it flush. I like how it turned out. I will take some closer pics when it dries and I untape it.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Nice work! I did that on my Hyperlite. First canopy ever that I made flush withe the canopy deck. It does look nice but takes a little extra time and consideration to get it to look nice.

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
I don't think it's going to be too much extra work I hope. I am planning on using a little fiberglass may and then some lightweight body filler to smooth out the transition. Then hopfully just cover it. I am trying to figure out a cool scheme.

SleepyC

150cc
Glad to see you back at it. Also it looks like the small pics are the actual size. When you upload pics, the top "pic" is actually one where you can select thumbnail or full size for all OR pic the size for each one. But it looks like you did that and the pics are just small.

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
Nice new website sleepy. I don't know any of the details, and I guess I don't need em either. A friend of mine told me this is where all the cool kids are!

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
canopy seam.jpg
So here is the canopy all glued on. I am real happy with it right now. I sanded the seam a little so everything lines up better. Now I am trying to figure out the best way to continue. One idea is to glue a piece of wood to the bottom and overlap the seam and then just use a filler and sand. I think some fiberglass mat would be quicker and easier to just put on the topside, and then sand it smooth then cover it. What do you guys think?