• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Dalton Extra 260 35%...Back at it!

Tseres

150cc
After blending the seam. I would cover it with 3/4 oz. fiberglass cloth and paint it to match the cowl.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
After blending the seam. I would cover it with 3/4 oz. fiberglass cloth and paint it to match the cowl.

I second this suggestion. The two best options are to do everything possible to keep this seam from cracking.....or purposely make a small seam so when the joint moves it does not crack the paint and body work. Both ways look nice.

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
I second this suggestion. The two best options are to do everything possible to keep this seam from cracking.....or purposely make a small seam so when the joint moves it does not crack the paint and body work. Both ways look nice.
I paint cars for a living, so I have access to all sorts of cool seam sealers. I was thinking about just running a bead and smoothing it out with some solvent and actually just using covering so it can't crack. I would hate to get it all painted up and have it crack. Seam sealer would stay flexible.

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
canopy silicone.jpg
So after pondering this awhile, I decided to go a simple route. This is all trial and error for me. I used a clear automotive sealer(silicone) from the bottom. I ran a small bead and smoothed it out with my finger. Then I flipped over and made sure there wasn't a bunch on the top. I used a wax and grease remover on a glove and smoothed out the sealer making sure it wasn't higher than the seem. Tomorrow I will do some more thinking on how to finish the topside. I may be doing this "wrong", but its a fun process of learning!!