• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Delro 2.5M Raven Build

Wacobipe

100cc
The dog was for ZooFebruary but I couldn't take it anymore...had to have the M12 back! I figure she's an animal too so why not!

There are other options for an M12, Aeroworks makes a checkmate the same size and I know CARF has one...nothin' like 2 wings in flight to make you smile :way_to_go:

Wacobipe

100cc
No photos tonight...got the engine out and laid a 2" fiberglass tape down each side of the firewall where it joins the fuse (front and back) and epoxied that in place... It doesn't look any different but now I guarantee if the firewall comes loose it's taking the front of the airplane with it and it will be the least of my worries :confused:

Jlc

70cc twin V2
Wacobipe can you post a picture of your gear plate from the inside of the fuse? Trying to make sure I'm doing it right. Thanks!

Wacobipe

100cc
@Jlc here you go...let me know if you need another angle/view. I had to round the underside of the plate where it meets the fuse sides.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 299

Jlc

70cc twin V2
Wacobipe I have been doing some figuring on the glassing/painting option on the Raven and on mine I don't think I can make it happen and still get it balanced. I think it could be done if we went with extra big powerplants but I'm using a lighter engine than what its made for as are you. The Raven has a long tail and short nose. A guy in the UK is buiding one that is glassed and he is putting the 170 on it and his batteries are as far forward as he can get them. Thought I would let you know.

Wacobipe

100cc
What do you know...I actually found time to work on the Raven a bit this evening! So I trimmed the slots in the spinner to clear the prop and wanted to share my process...

I start with note cards and cut a single slot until I get the fit I like around the prop..this usually takes 3-4 cards to get the fit the way I like.

Once that is satisfactory I trace that on the spinner every 120 degrees (in the case of a 3-blade prop). I then use a coarse sanding drum on a Dremel tool to begin slowly removing the material but leaving my traced line and a bit of extra material all around...

Once I get it roughed out then I start test fitting and slowly relieving material on the spinner until I get a nice fit all around!

IMG_1006.JPGIMG_1007.JPGIMG_1008.JPGIMG_1009.JPGIMG_1010.JPGIMG_1011.JPG

Wacobipe

100cc
Worked on a few things to update you on in the last couple days. I got the landing gear plate reinforcement ribs fitted and glued in place (it took a lot of grinding/filing/cutting to get them to fit properly...which was interesting since everything else on this plane seems to fit like a glove)....bot I got it done and glued in.

LG Reinforcement (2).JPGLG Reinforcement (1).JPG LG Reinforcement (3).JPG