• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Demystifying Vacuum Bagging of foam wings!!

3Dchief

70cc twin V2
As near as I can tell with a little bit of research on Google, AC and refrigeration pumps should do the same thing. Anyone have one handy to test this? I'm going to go check out the free ads on Craigslist and find one to tear apart and test!

BalsaDust

I know I have heard of people turning old fridge compressors into air compressors. Really nice as they are quite.

3Dchief

70cc twin V2
Maybe a combo system for a small shop? You can charge the air tank for airbrushes while bagging wings!

tylerzx9r

100cc
I worked with an older friend at one point (during the beginning of this hobby for me) with a friend (John Willman) who turned a refrigerator into a vacuum system for bagging items, and with the case of the fridge created a small bake booth to speed up the curing process! Pretty Cool. So I know a fridge pump would work!

JBenson

50cc
Great thread on bagging, Terry. I have a quick question about the router bit that you used in your spar video. I have a hand router and 1/4" flush cut bit but I am having a hard time finding one with the collar on the top side. Could you point me in the right direction to find the setup you are using?

Thanks for taking the time to post all of this.

JB

Hook the inlet of an air compressor to the tank. The compressed air to atmosphere. Some plumbing and it could do either function.