• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Dietrich 42% Slick rebuild.

-Rick-

100cc
Somewhere, someone has to have a mold to make these cowls. Like I said there is alot of these planes still flying and lot of guys looking for parts for them.

-Rick-

100cc
Metallic green. Trying to support my new local hobby store. He tells me that its a special order to get the 25 foot rollsin that color. I do believe him but this is nuts.

These were built by the World Models for Dietrich. When Kevin sold the company to Blaine, Blaine ditched every airframe but the newest 50cc Edge. I'll bet World Models kept the molds. Not sure if you'd ever get them to lay up any replacement parts. I've been lucky. My cowling has survived several accidents. Canopy has a very small piece missing. I was not too impressed with the construction initially. I made a wing mod at the aileron cut out area near the root to avoid cracking, did a little beefing up to the motor box, and added basswood to the bottom of the fin to replace the balsa tab after I blew my whole fin/rudder off. Even with the weak spots and unimpressive construction, my old Slick held up to a lot of beatings and crashes. I could slap an engine on it now and go fly it, but I gutted it and put it away in a closet years ago when I joined team 3DHS. It actually wasn't a bad flying plane at all. I saw the proto at Nall one year and had to have one simply because it had such a nice, scale shape. The fat, round fuselage made it look huge compared to the other 42% planes then. It served me well and carried me far in my 3D game. I also have an older 42% Dietrich 260 tucked away, covering stripped off. I planned to fix them up and recover one day. The slick will be a great first 42% for you. Plenty of power with a 150 on stock mufflers, flies very predictably, and lands slower than any other 40%-42% I've owned, and I've had a few. You've done well with the mods. Should be better than new now! Enjoy it!

Billy J

50cc
I am in the same boat is you Rick I just picked up a broken 42% Slick also engine mount failure and gear failure My cowl is still indecent enough shape to work cracks out to make mold ! I hung it up till I had time to rebuild motor box and gear plate etc Ill keep you posted !!! My covering wings and stab look great / got luckey