• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Eflite Beast 60e

Drew

70cc twin V2
Motor installed. Gary went with the Motor-Fly motor which is a bigger "X" mount then what the kit recommends therefor needing to create new firewall holes and opening the front cowl hole bigger.

Marked the new hole locations and removed the blind nuts. Also filled the old holes with wood dowel rod.

SAM_0319.JPG

SAM_0318.JPG

SAM_0320.JPG

Installed old blind nuts and hardware included in the kit. Had to open the cowl hole little over 1/8" all around to clear the "X" mount and to clear the drill bit for new holes.

SAM_0322.JPG

SAM_0321.JPG

Drew

70cc twin V2
Soldered up some motor extensions last night since the Motor-Fly motor wires are really short.

SAM_0325.JPG

Mounted the ESC in the preferred location from the manual. They put a little wood tray in there for it which makes it really simple and its in the direct airflow.

SAM_0326.JPG

Notice the black loose heat shrink on the motor wires. Once I power on the motor and verify the prop rotation is right, I will then heat them up over the connections to help them stay on.

SAM_0328.JPG

Matchbox installed with sticky back Velcro and a tie wrap. Perfect location for it where the wing servos route to.

SAM_0330.JPG

I goofed up once I realizing I soldered the battery leads and forgot to install the telemetry sensor inline :( So I took it out and redid the connections with the voltage sensor. Also installed the temp sensor direct to the motor mount.

SAM_0332.JPG

SAM_0333.JPG

SAM_0331.JPG

Last thing I did last night was install the Spektrum AR635 AS3X Gyro Receiver. This MUST be placed in the center of the airframe to work correctly.

SAM_0336.JPG

I will say this, this plane is not easy to install your equipment. I have tons of small cuts on my hands doing so. :thumbsdown:

Drew

70cc twin V2
Well, beast is done and back in Gary's hands. I got the wiring all cleaned up and telemetry installed. Also went over the whole plane with the heat gun. Plane came out great !!!!

SAM_0338.JPG

SAM_0340.JPG

SAM_0342.JPG

gyro

GSN Contributor
Loaded up and ready for tomorrow:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383443962.128779.jpg

Hope I can remember how to get the plane out!

Sweet can't wait for the vid. I'm itching to get started on my build.
Don't forget to double check the as3x is working properly. Lol

gyro

GSN Contributor
Forgot to program the castle ESC before heading to the field today, so no maiden.
Good news was that we all verified the gyro is setup correctly, so maybe a mid-week lunchtime maiden will happen.