• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Extreme Flight 104 Extra 300

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Those videos are crazy. Sure beats watching a guy hover a plane for 10 minutes. Now that shows a guy that knows how to FLY a plane. All my flying buddies laugh when I tell them to do IMAC and then you will know how to fly a plane. Sorry, but I have to say this. All the pictures of planes at flying events with their noses sticking up in the air do nothing for me. Nall, 100 planes in the air, 100 planes with their noses sticking up. lol. Jason, you are the "Man"
Everybody likes something different. That's what makes this hobby so great.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Not taking away from Jase but "control and precision" in a freestyle routine "imho" has not ben duplicated to perfection by any one other than Daniel. And he was 2nd in 2013??? go figure. I am far from a skilled freestyle pilot but the 104 is such an excellent "balanced" airframe it gives me confidence in trying to improve my general flying skills and as long as I stay a mistake high with it I can now enjoy those speedy KE spins , pop tops and rollers too. GREAT LEARNING AIRFRAME as well. It is not just intended for the "competiton" pilots. Signed.."Old Fart Guy" who loves his cheeseburgers.

Patroller

70cc twin V2
For you EF 104" Extra owners, the EF website shows the length on this ARF to be 101.5 inches. Is that with a 4-5" spinner or without the spinner?

Thanks in advance.
I just threw a tape across mine and it is really close to 101.5 with a 5" spinner.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
For you EF 104" Extra owners, the EF website shows the length on this ARF to be 101.5 inches. Is that with a 4-5" spinner or without the spinner?

Thanks in advance.

Also just so you have something to compare. With the elevators off it slides in my Sienna with room to spare! Plenty of room for a 30cc banger next to it.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I don't fly this plane often but I do have about 30 flights on it so far and really like it. It's a great high energy plane and although I like 40% low and slow mostly it's great to break out with this rocket. Using DA 120 and Futaba servos.
Oh heck ya....!!! Sweet looking.

Just busted down the cardboard for the big box. Man that's a workout.

I need to order a few things. Jtec compact mufflers. Graphics. Axles and wheels. I'll use Dubro axles and Sullivan Skylites. 4.5" like my yak. Oh yeah and a J&J tail wheel.

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
Patroller & 49Dimes thanks for checking. One more question.

The outboard servo box on the wings, what is the depth of the box, from the wood surface the servo mounting ears sit on to the balsa sheeting on the top side of the wing? I'm looking at the Savox SA-1231SG and they have about 7mm more height to them; 45mm versus the typical 37-38mm.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Would have to pull a servo and measure but I believe you would have no issues because I had tried a MKS777 and their cases are deep like the 1231. May be some one will chime in with a measurement. I can not get to it at the moment.