• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight 88" Edge -- now with EXP sized horizontal stabs

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Lol... I just didnt want to be the one to tell you the batteries are gonna weigh the same regardless lol.:)

3dbandit

100cc
I doubled checked it on a friends postal scale and it is 18.5lbs. Oh well I guess I won't fill the batteries and fuel tank up all the way to save weight.

You can just increase the EPA on the throttle servo to 150%. That way you get 1.5 times the power so you can compensate for the weight...

:D

I had retarded the timing from 30 to 28 for breaking in the GP as it pops a lot at 30-31 degrees. I advanced it back, to 30, today and went from 6670 rpm to 7000 on a GP Pitts. Much better!....the weight is not an issue and the poping is gone

gyro

GSN Contributor
I had retarded the timing from 30 to 28 for breaking in the GP as it pops a lot at 30-31 degrees. I advanced it back, to 30, today and went from 6670 rpm to 7000 on a GP Pitts. Much better!....the weight is not an issue and the poping is gone

Awesome! Congrats. 18.5 is nothing for a GP to throw it around like a rag doll

Agggghhh...too much power..I just blew the muffler apart!

Replaced the pitts with the stock GP muffler. This combo is absolutely sick. Really loving this airplane! A buddy at our club recorded this flight without me knowing, at the time. I just switched from flying helicopters two years ago ......so I still need a lot more practice :)

http://vimeo.com/103299889