• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Extreme Flight 91 Yak

emtp275

100cc
Now may be a good time to say I live in the sticks, Getting work done on the yak and crossing my fingers my ragged internet connection lets me post progress.

Now may be a good time to say I live in the sticks, Getting work done on the yak and crossing my fingers my ragged internet connection lets me post progress.
Understand your pain. Some days the speed is great and others it is reeeaaaalll sloooooooww!:p
Yep cheap wine on a date usually ended interestingly!:D

emtp275

100cc
I worked several hrs last night, looking back I got very little done but today is a new day, Im off and its nasty out so I will get work done today. So I went over all the glue joints I could get to with CA, this is habit from other builds not sure that I have ever prevented a crash from failure by doing this but I can tell you I have never had mid flight failure, not sure that the yak even needed this the glue joints are fairly good. I used 30min epoxy to glue the rudder servo mount in and clamped it to dry. I really did not like the 89 slick at first that this is replacing but I did fall for that fat girl and it sucks to have to strip parts from It :(. The stabs are really close in size to the 89 stabs I can only hope it will fly as good. It took a while to get the servos moved over and the SWBs mounted but I did it right and then programed center and the end points lol, I think I got a little dysfunctional matching the servos but it is done and I took a break and caught a late night movie and a drink to clear my mind.

P8062626.JPG P8062627.JPG P8062628.JPG P8062630.JPG P8062644.JPG P8072646.JPG

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
I worked several hrs last night, looking back I got very little done but today is a new day, Im off and its nasty out so I will get work done today. So I went over all the glue joints I could get to with CA, this is habit from other builds not sure that I have ever prevented a crash from failure by doing this but I can tell you I have never had mid flight failure, not sure that the yak even needed this the glue joints are fairly good. I used 30min epoxy to glue the rudder servo mount in and clamped it to dry. I really did not like the 89 slick at first that this is replacing but I did fall for that fat girl and it sucks to have to strip parts from It :(. The stabs are really close in size to the 89 stabs I can only hope it will fly as good. It took a while to get the servos moved over and the SWBs mounted but I did it right and then programed center and the end points lol, I think I got a little dysfunctional matching the servos but it is done and I took a break and caught a late night movie and a drink to clear my mind.

View attachment 35778 View attachment 35779 View attachment 35780 View attachment 35781 View attachment 35782 View attachment 35783
Less pics of you, and more pics of Heather and the plane PLEASE. Did you order prop?

emtp275

100cc
Servo mounting completed this took time as I played around with the Geo and attempted to get all the throw I could and keep arms short 1.5 ailerons 2" elevators, I was able to get 60deg on the tail and 55deg on the ailerons should work out ok. Stock DLE stand offs were 0.47" too long so I used SWB's to get the proper mount, I have used stone pain in the past to coat the motor box but the last build I tried finishing resin I liked the way it turned out so that was the approach used on the Yak. Added a lil bling to side of the motor box only for the fact that I can LOL. Motor is bolted down now washers had to be trimmed for clearance on the bottom bolts. Throttle servo is mounted, I will add that this was the easiest throttle servo set up I have ever done, straight forward.

P8072647.JPGP8072649.JPGP8072648.JPG P8082650.JPG P8082651.JPG P8082656.JPG P8092658.JPG P8092660.JPG P8092663.JPG