• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

hone

150cc
I had a great time at the field today with my Extras. I warmed up with the 48 for a few flights then I started flyin the 78. Put 3/4 gallon through the 78. I was having fun trying KE loops and trying to end the loop as close to the ground as possible. It got sketchy a few times but both Extras do awesome KE loops. I also did my first successful drag of the wingtip/elevator in KE with the 48 :D I actually did it 3 times. That really made my day, I was smiling so hard after that flight.

No pics or video :( I was all alone at the field.

hone

150cc
Man, i wish i had work yesterday and not today instead of the other way around. It was pretty windy yesterday but today is as calm as it gets. I've got work all day though :grumpy:

Get that Edge flying Gary!

I flew my 88 Edge on the PTE-72 yesterday for a few break in flights. Got a little fun in at the end and managed to break the rudder servo arm with a tail touch. Already fixed. Ground tested a few props today trying to make the sound requirements which it did not. Too much exhaust noise. If it picks up 150 more RPM while it breaks in on the Xoar 25B it will equal the DA-60 with RE2 Horsepower.

hone

150cc
I flew my 88 Edge on the PTE-72 yesterday for a few break in flights. Got a little fun in at the end and managed to break the rudder servo arm with a tail touch. Already fixed. Ground tested a few props today trying to make the sound requirements which it did not. Too much exhaust noise. If it picks up 150 more RPM while it breaks in on the Xoar 25B it will equal the DA-60 with RE2 Horsepower.

Sounds pretty sweet! I'd love to see a video :)

I can't wait to get a 50 or 100cc plane. I'm working on it for sure :thumbup:

I was bored to tears doing the break in flights. Nothing special so far as I was not pushing the motor at all. Also I was running the 20:1 gas I had on hand for the 15cc. Truck is getting some TLC this week so probably won't be till next weekend till I can get it out again. Lots of other projects going on. The plane really liked the weight up front though. It flew circles very pretty. IMAC would put me to sleep.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I was bored to tears doing the break in flights. Nothing special so far as I was not pushing the motor at all. Also I was running the 20:1 gas I had on hand for the 15cc. Truck is getting some TLC this week so probably won't be till next weekend till I can get it out again. Lots of other projects going on. The plane really liked the weight up front though. It flew circles very pretty. IMAC would put me to sleep.

You're making me second guess putting the EME 60 on mine! It's already broken in and ready to go, too...