• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

Xzuberance

New to GSN!
I'm flying 6s 3850 on my 60" Extra EXP, and it's still really floaty. 3300 is what recommended, but I fly really hard and need the additional capacity. The plane doesn't seem to notice the weight at all.

I run 6s 3300s and get 6-7 minute flights. This is on the 60'' Extra but i'm sure the Edge would get similar times. I believe my packs weigh 518g and the Extra FLOATS with that weight pack. I heard the Edge is even more forgiving in terms of weight. 500-600g batteries should be perfect.

Thanks guys. My 60" is on the way and I'm planning to get the 48" up and running first, so I reckon there's plenty of time to get the lipos for the 60". Heck, I haven't even gotten the servos for it yet. :confused:

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
I'm running sky lipo 40C 6s3300 in my 60" edge with the cc ICE 100A esc. ESC is right back under the battery tray till the caps are almost touching the LG former.
Batts are right back against the wing tube for almost hands off, infact a little nose heavy.

My advice, be careful about lipo/esc choice and CG requirements.

These CC ICE 100A esc are heavy boat anchors, but my ZTW110A copy fried after 10 flights and almost took the plane out in the process. Still got the molten metal burn holes in the covering of the belly!!

skibum44

70cc twin V2
I'm running sky lipo 40C 6s3300 in my 60" edge with the cc ICE 100A esc. ESC is right back under the battery tray till the caps are almost touching the LG former.
Batts are right back against the wing tube for almost hands off, infact a little nose heavy.

My advice, be careful about lipo/esc choice and CG requirements.

These CC ICE 100A esc are heavy boat anchors, but my ZTW110A copy fried after 10 flights and almost took the plane out in the process. Still got the molten metal burn holes in the covering of the belly!!

I may have asked you before... but do you know the weight of the 6s 3300 40C? I think their website is wrong.
Another ESC option is a ICE 100 lite its 1.4oz less then the Regular ICE.

Tom K.

30cc
Yesterday's video of the 48" Edge EXP :D

[video=youtube;HolRNJCMwlM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HolRNJCMwlM[/video]

--Tom K.

Manta

70cc twin V2
Hi MLT! Welcome aboard.
ZTW copy? What does that mean? Is there a ztw clone? Im planning on using a ztw in my next project