• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

Feral

I'm with ya mate but they won't relax that rule he's relaxed with it if you know what your doing. I fly 15 mistakes high I don't have the confidence to hover my yak on the deck. I tried putting some ke mixing into my dx8 last night but I can't seem to get it right buggers me what's goin on with it

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
I can't help with the dx8 buddy.

I'm a futaba guy and every radio is different.

Take a look to see if its got a menu for rudder-elevator and rudder-aileron?

Otherwise you will need to create manual programming making rudder the master and elevator or aileron the slave.

But doing it that way is a PITA!

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
I have some planes with the flaperons mixed in but not for landing.

I have the ailerons set to the same direction as the elevators but only 50% throw.

Does some amazing aerobatics with the flaperons turned on, waterfalls almost inside itself .

Word of caution though, if you set them up like me the are acting more as spoilerons , if the elevator is up the ailerons are up and spilling the lift off the wing.

I learnt the hard way that if you are in need of lift under power and close to the ground this setup is pretty bad.

I decked my 70" slick that way, needed some huge elevator to get out of trouble and forgot the damn flaperon switch was on and she just wouldn't pull up in time.

I disable it on anything over 60" these days. The power to weight of the 60" is so high it doesn't really matter.

PS: This setup does really amazing hovers as well. Sort of like cheating.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I'm with ya mate but they won't relax that rule he's relaxed with it if you know what your doing. I fly 15 mistakes high I don't have the confidence to hover my yak on the deck. I tried putting some ke mixing into my dx8 last night but I can't seem to get it right buggers me what's goin on with it

I have rudder to elevator and rudder to aileron mixed in on my planes on my dx8. I'll try to help.
We can discuss here:
http://www.3drcforums.com/showthread.php?778-Programming-and-setup-help-on-a-Spektrum-DX-8

hone

150cc
Well today, after waiting for months for DA Australia to announce the new deliveries of the updated 88" Edge with exp upgrades, they tell me today they ain't gonna bother and only bringing in the stabs/elevators for the current line of edges.

Which means that no sfg or some damn ugly bolt on retrofit required to mount sfg's the the old version of the 88" edge.

Gotta love it when a great company like extreme flight has people like DA handling their agency in other countries.

Man Roger that's pretty weak. It sucks they can't help you out to get the plane you really want. I'm sure the non-EXP Edge flies great too but i understand the frustration of not getting the upgrade when it's readily available.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Man Roger that's pretty weak. It sucks they can't help you out to get the plane you really want. I'm sure the non-EXP Edge flies great too but i understand the frustration of not getting the upgrade when it's readily available.

I honestly wasn't aware there was an -EXP edition of the 88"
The EF website only lists an "88" Edge 540T"

Feral

Well today, after waiting for months for DA Australia to announce the new deliveries of the updated 88" Edge with exp upgrades, they tell me today they ain't gonna bother and only bringing in the stabs/elevators for the current line of edges.

Which means that no sfg or some damn ugly bolt on retrofit required to mount sfg's the the old version of the 88" edge.

Gotta love it when a great company like extreme flight has people like DA handling their agency in other countries.

We need two distributors Roj that'll sort em out. We're in the same boat with aeroworks were 2 years behind the bloody game over here