• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

Luv3d

70cc twin V2
GYRO;21020 So did you order the MXS like you mentioned on RCG that you were going to?[/QUOTE said:
:banghead: No I didn't. I got the power combo and the airframe added to my cart....and guilt got the better of me. I have 3 airframes I am currently neglecting (work has been off the hook)- and it didn't seem right to add a 4th to that mix.

The next EF airframe I get- however- will be the MXS.....that is, unless the 60" Laser is better! :veryshocked:

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
Why not get both Luv3D?

Can never have enough airframes, even if you don't build them, having them in boxes stored is great insurance and supports the flying low situation as you have backups you can go with.

My airframes are starting to get to the pointy end of the stick in that I am happy with what I have flying and for now will start accumulating backup airframes over time to keep me supplied. As DA Aus doesn't carry spare airframe wood parts like EF does in the USA if the airframe gets baged up and can't be repaired easily its a new one from the box for me.

I broke the motor box off my 60" edge before Xmas in a dumb thumb take and roll to KE and looks like the only real damage was motor box and cowl.

But no spare parts for us Aussies so replaced the airframe and now I have spares ready to go from an almost intact minus motor box airframe.

Gotta get that MXS and Laser though, I reckon they are gonna rock!!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Why not get both Luv3D?

Can never have enough airframes, even if you don't build them, having them in boxes stored is great insurance and supports the flying low situation as you have backups you can go with.

My airframes are starting to get to the pointy end of the stick in that I am happy with what I have flying and for now will start accumulating backup airframes over time to keep me supplied. As DA Aus doesn't carry spare airframe wood parts like EF does in the USA if the airframe gets baged up and can't be repaired easily its a new one from the box for me.

I broke the motor box off my 60" edge before Xmas in a dumb thumb take and roll to KE and looks like the only real damage was motor box and cowl.

But no spare parts for us Aussies so replaced the airframe and now I have spares ready to go from an almost intact minus motor box airframe.

Gotta get that MXS and Laser though, I reckon they are gonna rock!!

Actually a good suggestion Roger... I'm thinking to get the 60" Laser, and keep it on standby until I am not flying the MXS or Edge I'm currently flying. I have a feeling they'll sell out quickly!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
That is what I was thinking, but over here DA doesn't seem to move the same volume of airframes as EF in USA does. But I like having spares.

Put 6 packs through the 60" extra today. Changed the Castle ICE100 over to Icelite 100A as I had it a tad nose heavy right on the wing tube. Had a blast.

Nobody at the club so I had the strip all to myself the whole time.

Really started tuning it in great.

I even took all the KE mixes out of the radio and at the better CG it doesn't need any KE mix at all.

They all fly so damn great.

Also love my 3DHS stuff as well, just too afraid to bang them up as they are very, very hard to replace these days.

gyro

GSN Contributor
That is what I was thinking, but over here DA doesn't seem to move the same volume of airframes as EF in USA does. But I like having spares.

Put 6 packs through the 60" extra today. Changed the Castle ICE100 over to Icelite 100A as I had it a tad nose heavy right on the wing tube. Had a blast.

Nobody at the club so I had the strip all to myself the whole time.

Really started tuning it in great.

I even took all the KE mixes out of the radio and at the better CG it doesn't need any KE mix at all.

They all fly so damn great.

Also love my 3DHS stuff as well, just too afraid to bang them up as they are very, very hard to replace these days.

Just think how much you'll be able to fly on a day like that with a gasser!