• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
OK.
the weight of my Sky 40C 6s3300 is 526g, with a thin strip of velcro and XT60 plug.

There are several ZTW clones around.

I have an 85A ZTW clone in my 57" extra and its strong like bull. The 110A was strong till it went pop.

See these website links for alternatives.

http://rc-castle.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=70_77&products_id=1370

and these as well.

http://www.xc-rc.com.au/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=10_176

I havent tried the ones from XC-rc, but if they aren't ztw clones, I'll eat your hat!

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
Bit of 60" edge punching holes in the sky yesterday.

Did end in an inverted landing off a low level tumble.

All repaired now, with minor wing damage and the rudder counter balance mangled, thin CA to the rescue. SFG took almost all the brunt of the impact, plus prop and another bent prop adaptor.

Any one else notice that any impact hard enough to break a wood prop on the DM4315 motor also seems to bend the prop adaptor?

[video=vimeo;48200102]https://vimeo.com/48200102[/video]

OK, any idea how to get vimeo video links to show the window in this forum software?

They work over in the RCG system by copying the URL then pasting into the text?

Last edited by a moderator:

hone

150cc
Right next to where you can change the font and size there is a icon you can click on that looks like film and says insert video. Nice flying :)

groovejet

New to GSN!
Nice flying Bigroger. It looks like you're leaving the little foamies behind and playing with the big boys ;).

rdcskkrose

Banned
Hey ya'll Just introducin myself.

Been watchin the Extreme Flight junk myself. Kinda want one. Just a few more $$. What's the difference compared to 3DHS??

gyro

GSN Contributor
Hey ya'll Just introducin myself.

Been watchin the Extreme Flight junk myself. Kinda want one. Just a few more $$. What's the difference compared to 3DHS??

I have a fair amount of experience flying both brand's airplanes in the sub 1/4 scale size. In the 48" size, the EF birds run 4s versus mostly 3s on the 3DHS side. The EF planes all come standard with big SFGs which give them excellent harrier stability. The EF birds are a little heavier than the 3dhs, and with the exception of the new 48" Laser and 64" MXS, they contain a fair amount of CF reinforcement. Other that than, not a whole lot... both have ball link hardware, CF gear, and all the normal goodies. You can't go wrong with either one!

Turnerm

50cc
Just recently got the EF 60" Edge and I'm in love with it!! Super floaty, harriers like its on rails and will handle anything else I can throw at it.

EXTREME FLIGHT

SITE SPONSOR
Greetings guys. Looks like a cool place, think I'll hang out for a while.
Read through this thread real quick and wanted to follow up with those asking about the 91" airframes. The 91" Extra EXP is in production and I expect we'll get a big shipment of them around October. The color scheme contest for the new 91" Yak on FG was a big success and I'm currently waiting to receive the first prototype of this airframe. We completely re-designed the Yak since it has been on the market since 2007 and I'm really looking forward to getting this new version in the air. Besides handling the current 50 and 60cc engines these new airframes will also accept the new DA-70cc twin that should be avaialable later this year. I'm really excited about this engine! Look for a another 91" release later in 2013.
The green MXSs left China today so barring any U.S. Customs shenanigans we should see them in about 30 days.

I've got high hopes for this new hangout! Lets stay focused on our mutual interests and leave our differences behind. Huck on fellas!