• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Glassing and Painting techniques

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
Reminds me of sanding those dang dull car headlights! What grit you use on the aluminum spinner? 2000 or 3000 maybe?

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Reminds me of sanding those dang dull car headlights! What grit you use on the aluminum spinner? 2000 or 3000 maybe?
It's been a few months, but I think I went as fine as 1500 then the polisher.

For those headlights, sand them then clear them with an automotive clear. They look great and actually stay that way.

Billy J

50cc
Thought I'd share my last paint job with my rc buddy's ! American Eagle 1/5 Bearcat done up in Rare Bear colors .. These planes r few and far apart ! 50 -100 cc size . Paint is DuPont base clear / Croma systems. Callie Graphics Thanks again ...
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Beautiful Bear Cat!!!

Question.....When doing different colors on base coats (with a hard line), do you do any sanding to smooth the paint edge before clear coating?

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Beautiful Bear Cat!!!

Question.....When doing different colors on base coats (with a hard line), do you do any sanding to smooth the paint edge before clear coating?

Never sand the base, if they show you can wet sand the clear. Base has almost no thickness to it. Most of the time two coats of clear makes them go away unless you sprayed your base thick and get build up against the tape.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Never sand the base, if they show you can wet sand the clear. Base has almost no thickness to it. Most of the time two coats of clear makes them go away unless you sprayed your base thick and get build up against the tape.
+1 And I'll add one more thing. If you sand base before you clear it will turn very dark where you sand it, and if it's a metallic color it really turns to crap.