• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

GSN GIVE-A-WAY Hangar 9 35% Extra 300X Assembly

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
You should call them and they should send you another wing or a set of wings, whichever.
That's the plan, but my week of work looks like there wont be any time for dealing with airplane stuff. Hopefully I can squeeze it in somewhere. I'm several days behind already and it's only Monday.;)

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Either Savox 1270tg's, or ProModeler 420's. That's the plan at this point anyway.

Hi, @Jetpainter have you run these servos or will this the first time. Will be looking into some servos in about 5 months. First time I have come across them seem great and price great. I have 1270 GT as well and like them. Be interested to see what you get and why. What version are they up to.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Hi, @Jetpainter have you run these servos or will this the first time. Will be looking into some servos in about 5 months. First time I have come across them seem great and price great. I have 1270 GT as well and like them. Be interested to see what you get and why. What version are they up to.
I have never used either. I haven't found anyone complaining about the Promodeler 420's so I'm leaning that way. Some people have had gear slop issues with the 1270tg's, but results seem to vary.

The Promodeler 420's are version 4 now, but I have yet to hear a complaint about the earlier ones. Anyone else have any information about them?

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I have never used either. I haven't found anyone complaining about the Promodeler 420's so I'm leaning that way. Some people have had gear slop issues with the 1270tg's, but results seem to vary.

The Promodeler 420's are version 4 now, but I have yet to hear a complaint about the earlier ones. Anyone else have any information about them?
Have the 1270tg happy so far. One full season on them at 2slipo. Worked them hard. Got 26 hours of flite time on them with out any slop or anything else so far. They had a tiny bet of slop from day one but it has not changed. They have been flown in hard shaking single all this season.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
20161126_163924_resized.jpg
20161126_163940_resized.jpg
20161126_163958_resized.jpg
I took some time yesterday and assembled the 300X to check the fit of the wings, stabs, and rudder. I worked on putting the rudder on for at least 45 minutes with no luck. The hinges are full of glue. I was able to get the pin through two of the hinges, but that was it.:(

I've also decided the wing bolts have to go, I'll replace them with the ones from Secraft.