• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hangar 9 3.1M Sukhoi

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
What stang said! My two favorite planes are the two H9 planes... H9 122" Sukhoi, H9 105" Extra 300X. :) Not that other brands aren't fun too!
I've never flown the 122" Sukhoi but I've heard some really good things about it. I did fly the 85cc one and that was a good flying airplane. I hope to maiden my 105" H9 Extra 300X this weekend so I'll get to see what it's like. It sure has been a trying experience up to this point. :face-palm:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I've never flown the 122" Sukhoi but I've heard some really good things about it. I did fly the 85cc one and that was a good flying airplane. I hope to maiden my 105" H9 Extra 300X this weekend so I'll get to see what it's like. It sure has been a trying experience up to this point. :face-palm:

You know Doug, everything you've heard about the 3.1 Sukhoi is pure understatement. I have been so afraid to damage mine so I've been very careful. Fly it? Yes, but very carefully. Almost to the point I didn't like flying it. It scared me. But this last weekend when I had her out, I opened up a lot. Holy moly...she will do rolling harriers all day long. Knife edge passes with rudder only. Flat as a pancake flat spins. But she will draw a bold straight line, fly it and make it as fine as a high dollar fine tip pen. I am hoping with all my heart your Extra flies at least half as well as the 3.1 Sukhoi. You certainly deserve it after all the true....yeah, I'll say it. The pure b.s. you had to put up with on the build. Very odd thing that really surprised me about the Extra. I figured being a high profile airframe from H9, it would be comparable in quality to the Sukhoi. That's reason number one I was so set on getting it. You've no idea how envious I was when you won it. Lol. After seeing what you dealt with, the quality of the Extra was not even half as good as the Sukhoi. But as usual, you've done it justice. With the mystical magical massaging of your hands and expert skill, I've no doubt she "WILL" fly as sweet as the Suk.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
So you've not flown a 3.1 H-9 Sukhoi before? Or maybe you have flown a buddies? If not, you are truly in store for an awesome treat without a doubt. I have been considering buying a second one just to have a backup. Never done that before.

I have not.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
So you've not flown a 3.1 H-9 Sukhoi before? Or maybe you have flown a buddies? If not, you are truly in store for an awesome treat without a doubt. I have been considering buying a second one just to have a backup. Never done that before.

After a few more lost weeks due to I cannot get the radio programmed I am ready to hire someone to walk me through getting the controls set. Would anyone be interested in a cash trade for over the phone walkthrough in programming this plane? Thanks

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
After a few more lost weeks due to I cannot get the radio programmed I am ready to hire someone to walk me through getting the controls set. Would anyone be interested in a cash trade for over the phone walkthrough in programming this plane? Thanks
Give me a call this evening. I would be happy to help any way I can.
208 871 1490
Rob

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Finally going to take this to the field and fire her up and i notice separating monocote. Tried to touch it up with an iron and it got worse. May need to fly in @stangflyer and borrow his covering repair skills.
20180722_204813.jpg