• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hangar 9 33% Edge 540 Recover

Alky6

150cc
Please don't kill me. After the long and time consuming process of melting out all the pin hinges last night I decided to reward myself with homemade garlic rolls a glass of sweet tea and some TV time. That also resulted in an unplanned 5 hour nap on the couch. Upon waking up it was light out which meant it was time to go get my truck dug out of the snow so I can go to work tonight. 2WD pickup should be loads of fun on ice covered roads.
Sometimes a TV timeout is a necessity to keep the juices flowing! Lol

BalsaDust

@Terryscustom . Thanks for your response on the other thread. I should have posted it here and tagged you just wont thinking that's all. Yeah when I pulled the servos out of the wing I noticed they just had Y-harnesses on them and after watching your video I really got to thinking that there was no way they where matched and most likely where binding in some range of motion. Talked with him a little while ago and he said when he turned on the power to the plane before firing the engine that the servos make lots of noise. I will suggest the servo thing to him though for the rudder. When I get home I will see what servos he has on the rudder and check the specs but I think when I had looked them up originally they where 300 oz servos at 6V. All I know off the top of my head though is they are King Max servos from Onlyfinehelis.com Said he has been using them for a few years now on other planes with no problems.

Bbcorvette18

70cc twin V2
I fly my 35% with my 9 using the the same setup Terry mentioned. However the next will require a dual rudder servo setup so I had to decide dx18 or matchboxes. I decided new tx as I prefer to keep things simple and want the least amount of failure points possible.

BalsaDust

DX18 and DX9 rock, both have the same functionality, servo matching, etc.

Yeah was just reading the specs for the DX9 on horizons website and saw that it had it. Looks like I will be learning it right beside my buddy when the plane goes back together. Sucks that he lives 2 hours away though so its not as easy to get together to set this stuff up.

If I wasn't already so invested with my Futaba gear I would look at getting a DX9 or DX18. Thinking I will save up and get me the new Futaba 18SZA at some point since I can use all my existing receivers.

Last edited:

BalsaDust

So thanks to @Terryscustom my buddies edge is gonna be nice. I will be replacing the dual rudder servos with a single Savox 1230 that terry was kind enough to sell my buddy. This will free up the extra channel needed to be able to plug in all four aileron servos into the receiver and get them all matched like in Terry's video.

BalsaDust

So ya bout got it covered? [emoji6] Curious to see how orange and green mix...

Nope sorry. In the middle of five straight 12hr shifts at work and we have a ton of snow on the ground as well so by the time I get home from work in the morning I'm ready for bed. Hoping to start cutting some covering in the next couple of days.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Nope sorry. In the middle of five straight 12hr shifts at work and we have a ton of snow on the ground as well so by the time I get home from work in the morning I'm ready for bed. Hoping to start cutting some covering in the next couple of days.
Dude, your life sounds like mine. Lol. Pretty tough to make head way on our planes when that four lettered word keeps interfering.:lol2:

BalsaDust

image.jpg

Started cutting some covering. The is the top of the stab. I think orange and green will go well together.