• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport Idiot Boy Builds an Old School World Engines Robin Hood 99 Kit

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
At least it won't be 100 then, well it shouldn't be anyway.;)

Mike, you coming to MAW for the Big Bird event Saturday? If I'm going to maiden my Hangar 9 Extra Sunday I'll be working on it most of the day Saturday, so I doubt I'll make it out there.
Sure wish I could be there for the maiden. Be sure to take lots of photos. And video of possible.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
At least it won't be 100 then, well it shouldn't be anyway.;)

Mike, you coming to MAW for the Big Bird event Saturday? If I'm going to maiden my Hangar 9 Extra Sunday I'll be working on it most of the day Saturday, so I doubt I'll make it out there.
I wish I could but I have to work Saturday.:(

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Wing mounted.

image.jpg

pawnshopmike

Staff member
@Decal Dennis helped me figure out the wing struts last night. So today I installed the mounts for them. I think I'm about ready to start sanding and prepping for covering.

Using a tip from @BalsaDust , I ironed some covering to a piece of wood and took it to Lowes for a color match. They did a great job. I just need to experiment with fuel-proofing the paint cause I'll be painting the firewall. I'm going to try clear coating the paint with Deluxe Materials Eze-Kote. https://www.horizonhobby.com/cars-a...ives/eze-kote-finishing-resin--500-ml-dlmbd37

image.jpg

Last edited: