• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMPORTANT!!! Let the AMA know what you think!!!!!

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
You nailed it Dimes. You and I have a similar rearing in an Air Force family and these "Super Patriots" that are /were our fathers are spinning in there graves.
As I see it we stay with the AMA and see if some sort of sense comes from this with exemptions for fixed/rotary wing aircraft at AMA sanctioned fields or go a completely different route, private non-sanctioned fields and non AMA membership. Tough second option, could bring the ire of the feds on ones head, maybe, difficult to say however. Small fish tend to be ignored until they decide to swim close to the surface in the sunlight.
The disappointing thing about all of this was that the AMA inferred all along, concerning the FAA issue, that we were all going to be exempt from Fed regs. This came somewhat out of the blue to me and no warning from AMA, unless I missed something.

I did post last year or way earlier this year that dues would be going up!;). But like what many others are concerned with is the "language of legislation". I think we as fellow modelers will soon be writing checks to private insurance much less registration fees and taxes to our respective States. And still have to pay AMA dues for o_O.

ME NO LIKE. That's simple language:banana-dance:.