• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMPORTANT!!! Let the AMA know what you think!!!!!

jtec/radiowave

70cc twin V2
I can't tell you the last time I put anything of the AMA on or in a plane. Probably back in the 60's. Other than the card I have in my wallet that would be the only ID I have with the AMA.

Years ago there was another organization called the SFA. Maybe its time to organize and boycott the AMA and start a new organization to preserve the rights of real modelers. Or get ride of the current leadership and get people who will work to protect our rights!!!

js-rc

70cc twin V2
Yes, I too remember the SFA. There was some battle with AMA & AMA shut em' down, can't remember what it was about now.
Yeah, noone around here puts their AMA # or info in their planes, at least not in the bigger ones. A few of the guys with vintage planes still flying, will have them in it.
Thanks, John

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Growing up during the "cold war" I had asked my Father "What is communist?". He simply replied..."Son, it is a form of Government thinking that tells and decides every thing that you have to do to live life" "Tells you where you got to work, live and play". "What you can and cannot have". "They use FEAR to force it upon the people". I replied "That stinks". He said "Yes it does son and that is why I fly B-52's with Nuclear weapons".

This "Nation of Fear" ( Communistic) thinking in our government is really causing "stink". What a God less Nation we have become. There....I said it.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
I can't tell you the last time I put anything of the AMA on or in a plane. Probably back in the 60's. Other than the card I have in my wallet that would be the only ID I have with the AMA.

Years ago there was another organization called the SFA. Maybe its time to organize and boycott the AMA and start a new organization to preserve the rights of real modelers. Or get ride of the current leadership and get people who will work to protect our rights!!!

it's hard to figure out if the AMA is trying to protect their base membership by playing along with the concerns being generated by the explosion of multi-rotor helicopters....or.....if the AMA sees a chance to boost membership and give themselves raises. with these big organizations it's never clear what the true motivations are. absolute power corrupts absolutely, as they say.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
it's hard to figure out if the AMA is trying to protect their base membership by playing along with the concerns being generated by the explosion of multi-rotor helicopters....or.....if the AMA sees a chance to boost membership and give themselves raises. with these big organizations it's never clear what the true motivations are. absolute power corrupts absolutely, as they say.

The problem is they were elected into position to supposedly look out for the best interest of the members. I have yet to find a single AMA member that is actively flying aircraft at an AMA site that gives a flying rat patooty about quad copters. So it is apparent that they have taken on some mentality that is not that of the general population of the organization.

jtec/radiowave

70cc twin V2
Bob Brown AMA president multi rotor playground. This is the guy responsible for all this crap. look how the AMA is promoting Multi rotors advertisments for the AMA show in January