• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Inconsistent color on monokote ruins my plane

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
if anyone asks say the original wing flew off and you were lucky to be able to complete your sequence without zeroing any maneuvers and get the plane back on the ground.

bobzilla

70cc twin V2
Tower offered new roll of monokote, but they could not guarantee which one the new roll will match if any. I opted for money back.

Torquerolljoe

Wannabe Pilot!!
Tower offered new roll of monokote, but they could not guarantee which one the new roll will match if any. I opted for money back.
At least they offered it to you! I have run into this before, so now, I buy 25' rolls. I store the leftovers inside the house in the A/C to prevent it from getting damaged from being exposed to heat cycles. Has worked for me for the past 25 years of building and covering!!

bobzilla

70cc twin V2
At least they offered it to you! I have run into this before, so now, I buy 25' rolls. I store the leftovers inside the house in the A/C to prevent it from getting damaged from being exposed to heat cycles. Has worked for me for the past 25 years of building and covering!!

Yes, hindsight, I spend $30.25 for 12' when I could have got 25' for $60. Then again, I don't think I will be buying monokote anytime soon.
I hear that the inexpensive stuff from HobbyKing is quite good. I'll give it a try.

bobzilla

70cc twin V2
A Tower supervisor contacted me and will be refunding the full amount spend on monokote. I guess they want my continued business. I'm happy!

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
A Tower supervisor contacted me and will be refunding the full amount spend on monokote. I guess they want my continued business. I'm happy!
they're thinking they'll give you the refund so you won't go online and share what happened with everyone!

doh!

Robbins

Team WTFO (Watch The Fun Occur)
F em

it's just all about the money. That's all some companies care about. I hate tower. I hate gp. Did I say hate?

I'd tell em to reimburse you for your time covering your model too.