• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Inconsistent color on monokote ruins my plane

2walla

50cc
The big thing they took out reduced the shrinkability. Dont know what it was, and top flite denied it, but you could really tell it was different..

bobzilla

70cc twin V2
hmmm...I got into the hobby in 2005..and I have not seen a change of shrinkability, but that may be an issue for those much longer in the hobby.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I remember back in '94 when I got into the hobby. Monokote really was the best on the market. (For plastic film) Over the years, I have really not seen much of a difference. That is up until about five or so years ago. It may have happened sooner than that. But I didn't see the change until I came back to the hobby in 2010. When the formula was changed for Monokote, Ultra-cote also changed their formula. For the apparent previously mentioned reason. The adhesive on both took a dive. Monokote is still suffering from what I can tell. Ultra-cote however seems to have gotten a grip on it. I really enjoy working with Ultra-cote. Higher tencel rating, more durable, now has really good adhesive that allows a removal and re-application with out damaging the covering. (If done correctly) And shrinkability is great. Just my opinion. There is always a chance of getting different die lots when buying individual 6' rolls.