• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC JTEC 2.7m Extra 300CS

Alky6

150cc
I agree with Chris. It does look incredible. . . . :I_agree:

I hope you don't get nervous with your maidens like I do. My hands or knees don't shake (thank God . . . :yesss:), but my heart starts pounding like it's going to come out of my chest. I actually flew a scratch built Kaos 60 I bought for the first time last weekend and it was funny. The closer I got to the runway, the harder my heart pounded, but by the second lap around the sky, it calmed down and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. By my third flight of the day, I was greasing the landings right down the center of the runway. I cannot imagine what it's going to be like when I maiden my Laser or my AMR Stick later this year, but I CANNOT wait ! ! ! ! !:big_yes:

Good luck with your upcoming maiden @Alky6, but I'm sure your JTec is going to fly as good as it looks.
Thanks! Yes, the adrenaline rush is very addicting! The closest thing I have found to full scale boat racing! :brian-banana:

BalsaDust

Thanks. I stole it from AJ. It's on his Godfrey Extra. But agree, very simple to put together!

I think I'm gonna do it on my next profile I'm about to start covering. It will be a bit different though as it will be transparent purple, pink, and baby blue. :)

Alky6

150cc
All surfaces (except rudder) are hinged with control horns installed.

Super stoked. All the time spent to get the control horns to have the same height from center of hinge line paid off (no programming in radio necessary to keep from binding). Also pretty impressed with the Savox 1270 servos. Angle of throws were same to each side of center. After install on the left wing and a couple of fine adjustments on the turnbuckles, the servos were happy throughout the full motion of travel.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Kevin-Young

70cc twin V2
The scheme was actually done by Dan Rathbun from Texas. Andrew had crashed his airplane two days before the Tucson Shootout and Dan was nice enough to let Andrew borrow his Godfrey for the shootout and he ended up liking it so much that he just bought the plane from Dan. I think the only thing Andrew added was the three stripes on the fuse like he uses on all of his other planes.