• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport JTEC RADIOWAVE 26% Pitts Model 12

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Just a little covering today. I fought a nasty migraine headache most of the day. Probably because of the Monokote Trim Solvent I was using to clean up the covering edges on the Pitts. Ugh...those nasty "sick to your stomach" headaches "SUCK". LOL. Better now though.

I didn't realize this in the beginning, but the full scale Pitts has silver pinstripe bordering the blue accents. So I guess I will be digging out the roll of silver covering and proceed to cutting miles of thin pin stripe. LOL

silver stripe.jpg

Until then, I will continue to add my own little additions to this already brilliant scheme.

20161230_214409.jpg
20161230_214429.jpg
20161230_214454.jpg

I also removed the red stripes and narrowed them down by 3/4" at the forward part of the fuse. I think they look much better now.

20161230_214503.jpg

So tomorrow I really want to get the Hatch/Canopy covered and trimmed. Maybe get the silver trim on the fuse and the rest of the plane. Guess will see how much time I have. Hopefully no headaches will detain me. LOL

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
The Monokote Smart Stripe tool. It will be your best friend ;) I made all the 1/8" black pen stripe on my 35% with it
I unfortunately do not own one. Hey, send me yours for awhile. LOL... I may have to just get one. It seems I have the need for one more and more these days.

Love what you are doing with your build by the way. Can't wait to see it with some covering and paint work. Bet it will be awesome.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Long story short. I cut the PP into 1/2" strips, using 1/4" masking tape I tape the PP to a line where I want the covering to terminate. I then tape another 1/2" strip of the PP over the tape giving me the first PP and tape to cover over. Once the covering is ironed down, using a fine point marker, I trace the first tape edge, remove all tape and PP, cut the covering on the marker line and iron it in place. This is much easier and quicker to do than explain.
Another little FYI. Painters plastic works better, it is flexible, and easier to see where it is going being it is clear. I prefer the PP for protecting the covering when using an iron without a sock, especially the trim iron on edges or narrow strips.
Sorry read it twice but just don't get it can you show a picture how it is done. Sorry I am missing something or just dum. Do not get the second part thanks.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Only half the fuse and tail feathers pin striped. Whew...1/8" stripes are a royal p.i.t.a. to cut and apply.

20161231_184836.jpg
20161231_184851.jpg
20161231_184916.jpg
20161231_185544.jpg

Off to a little get together. Happiest and brightest New Year's wishes to all of you. Have an awesome time, but please everyone....be safe in all you do this last day of 2016.

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Only half the fuse and tail feathers pin striped. Whew...1/8" stripes are a royal p.i.t.a. to cut and apply.

View attachment 92431 View attachment 92432 View attachment 92433 View attachment 92434

Off to a little get together. Happiest and brightest New Year's wishes to all of you. Have an awesome time, but please everyone....be safe in all you do this last day of 2016.
Have to say the pin striping does add class to the plane. Is that covering cut down to 1/8 or 1/8 automotive pin striping. If it is covering how did you cut it.