• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport JTEC RADIOWAVE 26% Pitts Model 12

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Have to say the pin striping does add class to the plane. Is that covering cut down to 1/8 or 1/8 automotive pin striping. If it is covering how did you cut it.
Thanks...covering cut down to 1/8" stripes. I use a 48" aluminum straight edge. Tape the covering down to my 60"x30" fiber board. Lay down the straight edge after I measure the required width, Hobby knife in hand and go to cutting.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Due to the lack of a New Year celebration hangover, I slept in a little late this morning and enjoyed the peace and quiet. Ah, but it can' last. I heard the distant echo's of a beckoning Pitts. I swear I kept hearing things like, "I'm cold...please put some clothes on me"! Along with, "Hey...HEY....Yes you up stairs all snuggled in your cozy bed. How's come you leave me down here all by my lonesome"? Alas, I gave in and made my way down to the living room, turned on some Brady Bunch..."ME" tv. ya know? (Where the hell is my Westerns? Gunsmoke, The Big Valley, Bonanza!!! Oh well, I guess I will ignore the tv and just go to town finishing up the Canopy/Hatch and then on to covering. I had to do a little fine tuning on the hatch to accommodate the canopy. But nothing too severe. Just a little more trimming and sanding. It fits great now. Ok, on with the white.

20170101_134413.jpg
20170101_134422.jpg

Next was to do the over lay of Purple. Now granted, it don't look "exactly" like it's full scale counter part. But it is pretty close and I do have to admit. I am really-really liking how this is turning out.

20170101_153154.jpg
20170101_153209.jpg
20170101_153348.jpg
20170101_153421.jpg
20170101_153555.jpg

I plan to get the rights side of the fuse pin striped this evening. And depending on how much covering I have until the two new rolls I ordered arrive, I may attempt the top of the bottom wings, and perhaps the bottom of the top wing. I don't have enough HANU883 Flame Red to complete the top of the top wing. But I do have enough to get started. I still have to recover those darned interplane cabane struts too. UGH...LOL.

I am considering....only just considering at this point a possible revision to the scheme. I have a butt load of Pearl Purple on hand. With how the fuse is coming out, I am looking at options for the wings on covering. I realize the full scale top wing was all red. But dang, this thing is looking so awesome. What do all you guys think? Stay with the original planned full scale theme? Or mix it up a little? Either way, (and I am being very modest when I say this so please fogive) The photos really don't do this thing justice. I am so "EXCITED" to have her done. Can't wait to see her in the air where she belongs...3w 70 twin bursting out gobs of power and sitting there pretty in a flat spin....sloooooowly coming down. :banana-dance:

More to come later....stay tuned.

WMcNabb

150cc
What do all you guys think? Stay with the original planned full scale theme? Or mix it up a little? Either way, (and I am being very modest when I say this so please fogive) The photos really don't do this thing justice.

Hate to tell you, but you're the only one who can make that call;)

Whatever you decide will look AWESOME!!

image.jpeg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
If you all look at the plane from a top view or bottom view...from top wing, to bottom wing to tail, Red, White and blue. Or in my case Red, White and Purple. If I "were" to mix it up, I would probably go with white on the top wing also. With more of the same style trim like on the tail. But that leaves this strange lone red stripe down the middle of the fuse. I agree with Earle. I believe the top wing being red will tie in.