• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Making a few Changes

sensei

30cc
Thanks, I know @acerc has been wanting that.

Now what we need is some build'n action! Maybe a @Terryscustom original or maybe a @sensei custom build!
I have nothing in the near future for a custom build, but about two years ago I bought a brand new kit of the 27% Midwest Cap 232 from Midwest Products, with an 80" span, it was in the clearance section of their site, so I purchased one for old time sakes. This kit went out of production a long time ago now just like many but was a good flying airplane in its day. Anyway here is a picture of the last one I built around the year 2000, it came in at 17 pounds as I recall with no lightening performed at all, as I already stated; they flew well in their day including the one that a old flying buddy built that weighed 21 lbs. with a G-62's in the nose. So my thinking is it might fly even better at around 11 or 12 pounds and it might be fun to lighten up as I build it. This is most likely the nearest thing I have coming up and it is kinda small, so I doubt there would be much interest in a kit build thread on something like this...

092.jpg

Bob

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I have nothing in the near future for a custom build, but about two years ago I bought a brand new kit of the 27% Midwest Cap 232 from Midwest Products, with an 80" span, it was in the clearance section of their site, so I purchased one for old time sakes. This kit went out of production a long time ago now just like many but was a good flying airplane in its day. Anyway here is a picture of the last one I built around the year 2000, it came in at 17 pounds as I recall with no lightening performed at all, as I already stated; they flew well in their day including the one that a old flying buddy built that weighed 21 lbs. with a G-62's in the nose. So my thinking is it might fly even better at around 11 or 12 pounds and it might be fun to lighten up as I build it. This is most likely the nearest thing I have coming up and it is kinda small, so I doubt there would be much interest in a kit build thread on something like this...

View attachment 84968

Bob

BalsaDust

View attachment 84968

Bob

I have one of those kits as well. Hadn't thought to get it that light. I was hoping for around 15lbs with a DLE 55

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp

View attachment 84968

Bob

I think I can speak for some of the guys here when I say I think there would be interest. :yesss:

View attachment 84968

Bob

Bob, all your builds have merit. I have learned a wealth by following your threads. Please do this. :) 11-12# on a 35cc engine? YES!