• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Making a few Changes

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Couple Thoughts here:

The MAN posts seem to be flooding the recent posts on the right column, is it possible to have them just in the middle? I like reading them, but its been harder for me to see what people have posting as a quick reference on the right column. It's my first "go-to" spot and it seems like its the hardest one to access as it was intended. Just my 2 cents, maybe it's just me!

I'm finding it a little hard to post a new thread where I would like it. Can you make it possible for a guy to start a thread in the main section not just the subsection? Maybe there is a way to do this, but I cannot find a quick "Start New Thread" button. This is a general question, I'm not trying to start a new thread at this time but hopefully in the future :) Thanks!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Couple Thoughts here:

The MAN posts seem to be flooding the recent posts on the right column, is it possible to have them just in the middle? I like reading them, but its been harder for me to see what people have posting as a quick reference on the right column. It's my first "go-to" spot and it seems like its the hardest one to access as it was intended. Just my 2 cents, maybe it's just me!

Agree 100%. Having taken a little break I've heard several comments outside the site that the propaganda posts are a little over the top. Also many of them are outdated irrelevant to giant scale, etc.

Wacobipe

100cc
Agree 100%. Having taken a little break I've heard several comments outside the site that the propaganda posts are a little over the top. Also many of them are outdated irrelevant to giant scale, etc.
I agree they lower the community vibe that makes this site so great. I'm not opposed to them having a section where they stay, and some of them are good. But when I log in and there's 10-15 new MAN posts with no conversation going on in them it looks more like spam than useful info. In fact, the first couple times I saw it I was ready to report them as spam until I realized it was the site admin posting them

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
It is kinda funny, I asked for separation of assembly and builds threads, got it. Only to find the next day the recent post column was nearly all Admin adds, went from great to a major turn off overnight. Still love the site but hate the Admin junk in recent post. It is also kinda funny that even though the site is slowly growing the attendance seems to be slowing.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
I think the admin is doing a great job listening to us and supporting the site. I'd just hate to see the main purpose of having an online community fade away due to overwhelming ads (unfortunately MAN admin posts are not helping awaken/spike interest in the crowd in my opinion).
I'd like to see more like the Toledo event new products, or mfgr announcements ect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp

@GSNadmin Any thoughts to help the users out here? I know there must be a financial reason GSN is the new face of Model Airplane News online, but can we keep the users posts only on the RH column, no ADs or MAN? Just there. pretty please? I'm having a hard time keeping up to date with people on this site. Thanks.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
And to add to the distaste some of the threads similar threads, at the bottom, are filled with GSN admin post instead of actual related threads. One such thread is the "What did you do in your workshop".