• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale MattyMatt's Exclusiv Modellbau 50% Challenger II

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
Here's a few final shots.
IMG_1434.JPG IMG_1435.JPG IMG_1436.JPG IMG_1437.JPG IMG_1438.JPG

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
Also, all the wiring and servos are in the horizontal stabs and the wings. Running XBus made the wing wiring much easier and will be really easy to put the plane together. I'll go more into the servos and electronic setup later and explain everything.

Sunday, I started covering... i have only used Solartex one time for a customers plane several years ago. This stuff is so nice to work with. If you can't cover with this stuff, give up. Lol.

So, the horizontal stabs, elevators, Rudder, Vertical stab and back of the fuse are covered. Here's a few shots:

IMG_0543.JPG IMG_0544.jpg IMG_0545.JPG IMG_0546.JPG

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
I covered these parts first, so i can pink the fuse and then put the front glass panels on, and then get the canopy mounted.

The scale rib stitch should be here any day, and i already received the correct scale pinking material from Pink-it. I'll give links and more information when i get to that part.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
The Pink-It tape is really nice. I got a few samples and plan on using some on my Krill as well. There's gonna be some gorgeous scale aerobats on the flight lines this year! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Last edited:

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
Ok so the next step is the details... Rib stitch and pinking.

I'm not an expert, but here's what I know. On a typical aerobatic plane, the stitching is every two inches, and 1" wide. The pinking is two inches wide over the ribs, and 4" wide around the leading and training edges.

So, on my 1/2 scale Challenger II, the stitching will need to be every 1" and 1/2" wide. The pinking over the ribs will be 1" and around the leading and trailing edge 2".

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
There are many ways to make this look real, including using stits and actually stitching it.

For my finish, I'm using natural solartex as covering.

There are two products that I will be using for the stitching and pinking. I've never used them before.... But the two company owners were very great to work with.

For the stitching: Scale Rib Stitch, http://www3.telus.net/alb2157/index.htm It is a stick on rib stitch. I ordered his half scale kit, which is what I measured that I needed. Stitching is 1" apart and comes with 36" x 2" wide strips that you need to cut the width you want.

For the Pinking: http://pink-it.net/new_pink-it_2012_002.htm It is pinking made from Solartex. I got 1" and 2" wide, and Gary Seth the correct number of pink cuts.