• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale MattyMatt's Exclusiv Modellbau 50% Challenger II

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Ahhh.....yes they are taped on the stab LE's. I thought you were going to do the wings as well. Guess I should have paid more attention! Carry on....:cheers:

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
Ahhh.....yes they are taped on the stab LE's. I thought you were going to do the wings as well. Guess I should have paid more attention! Carry on....:cheers:

Man.... You had me double checking...lol.

Yeah, the wings will be covered differently.

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
I finished up the Rudder this AM...

image.jpg
image.jpg

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
I had to make an "adjustment". The top of the stab shouldn't have stitching.

Same with the bottom of the counter balance on the rudder. Fixed, now on to the horizontals.

image.jpg

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Matt, how much of the fabric weave look are you going to let show through the finished paint.

I've used Solartex in the past and always loved it. I have one hanging on the ceiling of my garage that was done about 25 years ago with either Solartex or Worldtex and painted with automotive paints that still looks great. It's amazing how it holds up.

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
I will be using DuPont Centari with hardner. I've painted customer planes over the years using this combo and worked really well. It sticks realy well to the solartex.

Normally, I use chomabase, or HOC, with Nason clears.