• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale MattyMatt's Exclusiv Modellbau 50% Challenger II

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
yup... my original plan a few years ago was to do a skip stewart plane, as he and Sean Tucker are my two favorite airshow pilots... and no one had done one of his planes. Patrick beat me too it!

Nice plane, DLE222 for power.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
yup... my original plan a few years ago was to do a skip stewart plane, as he and Sean Tucker are my two favorite airshow pilots... and no one had done one of his planes. Patrick beat me too it!

Nice plane, DLE222 for power.
That is a cool scheme. A guy showed up with one in that scheme at our big bird fly-in in 2012, but it never got out of the trailer.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Earle... from what i could see, the wing tip was just pinked, and not stitched. It seems, if it is an outside edge, it's just pinked and glued on the full scale, and only the inner ribs would be stitched. Sound right?
Looks like you got your answer already. Yes, stitching on ribs is to keep the fabric from lifting during low pressure gradients and thus changing the airfoil shape. Not an issue on the tips.

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
Yesterday afternoon I started putting in the fiberglass panels. Both sides are done.

I'm going to cover the firewall before I do the top.

image.jpg

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
They actually do look like aluminum panels. They are CA'd in place, but will get drilled and 200+ screws then go on to hold everything in place.