• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale MattyMatt's Exclusiv Modellbau 50% Challenger II

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
image.jpg
Ok, all the panels and screws are done. Next is to trim the panels in the cockpit area.

Then, canopy area.

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
Matt, great build!
Did Vogelsang send a documented book/instruction with the kit?
Like the planels and how to/ or where to purchase items?

Yes, it comes with a full set of directions, and a CD with 100's of pictures.

Yes, the panels are part of the kit.

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
The only deviation I made from the kit, is the steel tube motor mount. Everything else came with the kit.

This is actually the problem in the US... IMHO, we are used to kits that are just a basic airframe, then you have to source everything yourself. The EMHW kits are very complete with all Kavan hardware. The materials in these kits are absolutely the best you can buy. Very impressed.

People look at the cost and think it's expensive. It really is a great deal in the end.

Last edited:

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
Yesterday, I prepoed and painted the motor mount. As you can see, between the engine and the steel mount, I made Delrin bushings, and also between the mount pads and the firewall. I can change the thrust and position of the engine just by changing the thickness of the bushing thickness.

Also, I am using silicon tubing as a bushing between the exhaust and the collector Y.

I'll final asseble the mount/engine, and get it ready for the test stand.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Yesterday, I prepoed and painted the motor mount. As you can see, between the engine and the steel mount, I made Delrin bushings, and also between the mount pads and the firewall. I can change the thrust and position of the engine just by changing the thickness of the bushing thickness.

Also, I am using silicon tubing as a bushing between the exhaust and the collector Y.

I'll final asseble the mount/engine, and get it ready for the test stand.

View attachment 14192 View attachment 14193 View attachment 14194 View attachment 14195

are the tubes actually welded? tig? or maybe brazed?

do tell (please)