• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D MOJO 65 w/20cc Build

Alky6

150cc
Took the Mojo out and maidened her yesterday evening. The plane only needed one click of down trim. That puppy was on the mark. Flew inverted hands off. I did have to add some weight to it just for the maiden and after flying it about six flights and getting her dialed in I think I will be fine taking off the weight I added for the maiden, but definitely don't think things can be shifted back at all.

After the feeling the characteristics of the plane and after the second flight to put this bird on high rates and put it through the paces. Amazing what this plane can do and then just fall back to a floaty docile state. It reminds me of a big foamy. It flies different then my other Aerobeez 20cc profile.

I have a skip or miss in the mid-range and not sure what that is yet. My engine was still breaking in and I need a tad bit more tuning there. I need to button up a few odds and ends, then just put the flights on this thing.
Awesome! :fist_pump: Where did you end up on your cg?

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
Awesome! :fist_pump: Where did you end up on your cg?
As best we could tell it wound up around 2" behind the wing tube which I think is around 8 inches, but not positive on the exact distance. I am looking forward to flying this some more. It was much more fun than I had anticipated. I love the way it flips. Seems like it flips on the wing axis!

Bax

New to GSN!
Took the Mojo out and maidened her yesterday evening. The plane only needed one click of down trim. That puppy was on the mark. Flew inverted hands off. I did have to add some weight to it just for the maiden and after flying it about six flights and getting her dialed in I think I will be fine taking off the weight I added for the maiden, but definitely don't think things can be shifted back at all.

Congratulations on the maiden ! As I'm considering building the Mojo 65 with a DLE, could you post some pics on where you mounted the engine, battery, ignition and fuel tank to make it balance ? I see that it seems to be a challenge...

caf2461

50cc
Move everything as far forward as possible per pictures in previous posts. One thing not shown on mine or elsewhere is moving the rear servos forward. I did this on my Primo's but since the Mojo 65 was already built I missed the chance to move them forward one bay vs the plans.

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
Just as CAF stated, move everything as far forward as you can get it. My engine is a tad further forward than CAF's is. Even with the RCGF 26cc engine I had to add around 4 oz of weight and the plane is still a tad tail heavy, but I can handle it like this. I could probably live with only 2 oz but then I would have to be more observant as to what the plane is doing especially when landing. Right now, it flies inverted decent which is what I wanted.

I even placed my battery right under the engine on the front of the plane. If I ever recover it, I will move the rear servos forward and lighten the plane in the rear as much as possible to help out, but for now it is a blast to fly and will work for my style of flying. If I get a chance I will post some more pics of my setup.

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
Move everything as far forward as possible per pictures in previous posts. One thing not shown on mine or elsewhere is moving the rear servos forward. I did this on my Primo's but since the Mojo 65 was already built I missed the chance to move them forward one bay vs the plans.
As you saw Saturday the only real aggravation is the stock muffler. Throws gunk everywhere. I pulled my DLE 20 side exhaust when I got home and it is definitely different. I am either going to build an exhaust or see if I can locate something that I can modify to fit this thing. I haven't welded small aluminum stuff in many, many years. I can imagine how that might look, but I ain't building the muffler for looks. Cleaning on this plane is worse than a glow :D

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
No flyer was just told about it by one Tony one of my buddies in that club. Its the Soggy Bottom RC club. Field is on One Mile Rd in Clark
No flyer was just told about it by one Tony one of my buddies in that club. Its the Soggy Bottom RC club. Field is on One Mile Rd in Clarksville VA
Not sure if I can attend this or not. My company has me working 22nd, 23rd, and possibly 24th. We will see how it plays out.