• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Nelitz 1/3 scale Cub build

TonyHallo

150cc
I wet sanded the mold with 1500 and 2500, the marks are still there and as I study the mold I'm quite confident the marks were there all along. As I think back my friend who I was building the plane for owned a hobby shop and gave me all of his old stock of Hobby Poxy when Pettit quit the hobby business. I'm pretty sure I made the mold using old stock 20 minute Hobby Poxy epoxy. What I'm seeing are bubbles that were there when the first coat was laid on. The mold will produce good parts that will require a little sanding. I put 10 coat of Partall #2wax on si the mold is ready for PVA or mold release film. I'll drop it in the mail tomorrow.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Another arrival in the mail. CF rods and ends.

20230218_202215.jpg

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Thinking a more scale approach to ailerons with a pull pull setup. Aileron differential a concern with pull/pull? I don't think so but curious.

20230219_152800.jpg

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Should be able to program your differential through your 18SZ easy peasy. Deflections shouldn't be a concern at all. Are you going to use a pulley for the top cable I assume?