• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Nelitz 1/3 scale Cub build

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Yes, don't know why because either would work. Mostly just need to keep this project moving along. Pick an engine (1st world problem........) and get going.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Rough rough draft on elevator/ aileron stick boot (?). Might be getting too deep into cabin detail, could be a deep rabbit hole I think. At some point this thing needs to fly.

20220303_205739.jpg

20220303_205841.jpg

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Way too big (troublesome) of a boot. Eliminated the scale 2 piece design and trying something close in a 1 piece design.

16464361358321436643203.jpg

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Amazing. Called Sherline today to order some mill parts (bent y axis lead screw, misc) and ended up talking in depth with tech support person about mill upgrades. Turns out he is building a Nelitz Cub as well and we ended up talking for over an hour. I have a new friend!!!

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Amazing. Called Sherline today to order some mill parts (bent y axis lead screw, misc) and ended up talking in depth with tech support person about mill upgrades. Turns out he is building a Nelitz Cub as well and we ended up talking for over an hour. I have a new friend!!!
Small world!!

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I was wondering about that. I have the little 00-90 wrench/nut driver in several of my shopping carts. Nobody can fill the complete order at the moment. Still looking around.