• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New DA 60 not start

Danyalvarez:

You got power, you got a shielded ignition. Push the plug in all the way and spin prop and no sparkey huh...

one other thing i suggest is try another spark plug. Then see below:

Looks like DA needs to SEND YOU A REPLACEMENT CDI Unit! Yours is DOA from what I see.
Hi robbins, yes you are right, but i have been writing several times to DA but they don't reply me.

I agree. I've had a number of people tell me they had brand new ignitions from DA that were defective because they couldn't get it started and because they couldn't see a spark when they flipped it with the plug removed. It always turned out to be there was no fuel getting to the engine or they had connected something incorrectly.

The bottom line is if the engine is drawing fuel and the ignition is dead, the engine will flood within about a dozen flips with the choke on and the throttle open. If the engine floods but never fires, then I'd suspect the ignition. If the engine never floods when choked, it sounds like isn't drawing fuel and that is the problem.

Wayne
Hi Wayne, ok thank you for your comments, let me try one more time.

Smitty

50cc
Are you getting fuel to the carb, if not on the carb loosen the big screw on the plate on the carb it will lrt fuel get to the carb. I had that happen to a brand new DLE-61.--Smitty

Are you getting fuel to the carb, if not on the carb loosen the big screw on the plate on the carb it will lrt fuel get to the carb. I had that happen to a brand new DLE-61.--Smitty

Thank you Smitty, i had to change the CDI and sensor and the engine is working perfect now. From DA got the spare parts as warranty without any cost included shipping. Very good support from DA really.