• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Thanks [MENTION=16]AZAerobat[/MENTION]! I have honestly never had a balsa model, and am a bit nervous. I poked with a PZ Visionaire or Yak but everywhere I read said 3DHS is the way to go. I will definitely be consulting your build log along the way and appreciate the offer of advice. I will certainly let you know if I need anything!
[MENTION=2903]Fluff04[/MENTION] there are several great options that will outfly EPO foam 3D models in a heartbeat. 3DHS and EF have been benchmarks but there are more emerging in the medium electric to 30cc market. It's an exciting time for that range of models (55"-80" wingspan). Good luck and don't be shy about the balsa, you will never regret the move up.

alawson999

70cc twin V2
Lots of big wingspan and gas guys on this thread - I agree balsa and carbon fiber beats EPO - my "go to" balsa plane is a precision aerobatics Addiction X - a bit smaller at 50"- rock solid electric

Just one guy's pref

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Lots of big wingspan and gas guys on this thread - I agree balsa and carbon fiber beats EPO - my "go to" balsa plane is a precision aerobatics Addiction X - a bit smaller at 50"- rock solid electric

Just one guy's pref

That's a great plane man. One you can take out almost anywhere.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Welcoming [MENTION=2909]afrye1[/MENTION] to the forum! Welcome and when yo get a chance tell us where and what you fly!

afrye1

30cc
Hey Mike I am a pilot instructor for the CMAC in Kent Ohio, I fly 3-D I fly precision aerobatic planes Aerobee's planes and Just plain and simple low to the deck

For some reason there are not a lot of PA planes up here in the area. One guy just loves his Addiction X to death. It flies very slow when he wants it to. They run a great black friday sale every year.

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
I have always thought the addiction is one of those planes that everyone should have at some point. Just fun. Like the fun cub. Just way to much fun.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Hey Mike I am a pilot instructor for the CMAC in Kent Ohio, I fly 3-D I fly precision aerobatic planes Aerobee's planes and Just plain and simple low to the deck

Awesome! Super glad to have you here! [MENTION=2215]Aerobeez[/MENTION] sure has made there mark and fairly quickly too. Alan and the guys over there are awesome to deal with and always take care of there customers. You can't beat that!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
I missed some introductions over the week end so here goes! Welcome @flyingzie @DwayneG (look out for this guy he is trouble! I will keep a close watch on you dwayne! LOL) @tlojak41 @negat1vedown @Ahblair4 @zippom2 and [MENTION=2925]pbilt024[/MENTION]! We hope you all enjoy your new home here. If you need anything just ask and if you would please let us know what and where you like to fly!