• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC new to me dalton 260/300, just want to fly it!!!

here is the picture of the inside set up...

17628=11912-IMG_6087.jpg
17628=11912-IMG_6087.jpg

just flew her and my wife filmed it!! will post video soon. please do not hesitate to give me any advice on flying this bird.(especially IMAC is what i am referring to)..

the engine did awesome, you guys tell me what you think. it is turning a Mejzlik 30 x 12 LF prop.

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Great sequence too, all I could suggest is to count out your manouvers.. as in.. sharkstooth: pull to verticle , once 90° is set and count , one one thousand, two 1000, 3 1000, 4 1000, ( what ever length upline your comfortable with), pull to 45°, hold till 45° is established ,count one 1000 2 1000 ,1/2 roll to upright, count one 1000, 2 1000 pull to level, centeres your elements ond keeps the sequence same size and flowing, most every judge ive sat next to counts them quietly out or taps them out with a pencil , is how I picked up on something important they are looking for .and it helps me keep focused, I even use it on a loop to know how big the other side needs to be. Apply that to every figure and your golden.

Biggest suggestion for IMAC, on mini iac site is the judging training online course, tells and shows perfect figures and all the downgrades, down load and leave play when your working in the shop like back ground music. I did, but im kinda cuckoo for this stuff , But not quite insane enough to listen to it in my sleep , but its not out of the question, lol.

Really nice plane, sounds great, presents really well , great scheme,even on video it shows nice. Sequence looks great. Wish I was there for stuff like a maiden ! Its a beautiful thing. Thats whats so cool about these forums... in some small strange way we get to share in the fun of it.

IMAC FANATIC;18113 wrote: Great sequence too, all I could suggest is to count out your manouvers.. as in.. sharkstooth: pull to verticle , once 90° is set and count , one one thousand, two 1000, 3 1000, 4 1000, ( what ever length upline your comfortable with), pull to 45°, hold till 45° is established ,count one 1000 2 1000 ,1/2 roll to upright, count one 1000, 2 1000 pull to level, centeres your elements ond keeps the sequence same size and flowing, most every judge ive sat next to counts them quietly out or taps them out with a pencil , is how I picked up on something important they are looking for .and it helps me keep focused, I even use it on a loop to know how big the other side needs to be. Apply that to every figure and your golden.

Biggest suggestion for IMAC, on mini iac site is the judging training online course, tells and shows perfect figures and all the downgrades, down load and leave play when your working in the shop like back ground music. I did, but im kinda cuckoo for this stuff , But not quite insane enough to listen to it in my sleep , but its not out of the question, lol.

Really nice plane, sounds great, presents really well , great scheme,even on video it shows nice. Sequence looks great. Wish I was there for stuff like a maiden ! Its a beautiful thing. Thats whats so cool about these forums... in some small strange way we get to share in the fun of it.

Brian, great advice. thank you. on Monday, i used your advice and this has helped significantly. Also, someone else told me my 45 degrees looks more like 30 (LOL), so have addressed that as well.

i need to practice more on my spins, my hammerhead, and the loop, and the roll (for that matter).

attachment.php

On Monday, i put in 4 more flights on her, she is now up to 6. Engine is getting stronger too. (brand new DA 150L).

20320=13027-IMG_6128.jpg
20320=13027-IMG_6128.jpg

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Dang thats a good lookin plane !

Glad it helped your routine, this may sound crazy but... I made a PVC 45°/90° device and stuck it in front of me in the ground, like a giant A.S.D. on a full scale aerobatic plane. 3- 4 foot upright , high enough so its your sight picture but not in the way, with a 3 way tee on top and spike with a pin to keep it square in the ground to hold it on bottom and 2 2 1/2' pieces for the 45° , 1 3 foot piece for the 90° upright, to keep long uplines / downlines in sight, all 1/2" pvc, painted black. Gives you an absolute reckoning of 45 and 90° , wish I had a pic of it. but its fun to use and neat to have at field. None of its glued so it all breaks down and fits in an old lawn chair bag sling, May draw some strange looks from those at field not infected with the IMAC disease though. . Until they use it!