• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC new to me dalton 260/300, just want to fly it!!!

this bird is ready to maiden. i have moved everything as far forward as possible, including two lipos in the motor box area. i also flipped her and examined the landing gear. the axles were in good shape, but both wheels had flat spots on them, so i removed the wheels and put new 4.5" wheels. then i added a 2nd wheel collar on each axle, so now there are two collars on the outside of the wheels, just as insurance. only one thing left to do, and that is check the tails elevators matching. will do that now!!!

Looking at Jim's 30x13 Falcon CF for my 3W 164. I really think that this engine is gonna be a huge torque monster. And then add in the 30x13. WOW!! Who knows.... It may not work well, but it just might work like the cats meow!!

i am going to get this bird up in the air, and if the dynamic balance of this plane is such that it is tail heavy, then what recourse do i have? would shifting the motor forward have any ill effects on the flight characteristics of the airplane? (besides helping shift CG forward and besides the cosmetic appearance of the spinner being far away from the cowl?

today was the maiden, and she is tail heavy!!!

once airborne, had to give maybe 2 clicks for roll trim, and then 3 clicks of down elevator.

once airplane was flying level, i did a 45 degree climb, then rolled the airplane inverted, and the airplane kept on wanting to climb or should i say, it was arcing towards the gear.

so now i know what i have to do. once i do what i have to do, i will report back. the engine ran well and no deadstick. i did use the 30 x 12 LF Mejzlik prop.

Bunky F. Knuckle;16888 wrote: How bad did it push to the gear inverted??

not much, very little, but i can tell, it will fly better with more nose weight. also, landing, it wanted to flare easily.