• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Ordered my Su-26

sweetpea

100cc
I need to fly mine......been a few months due to life and now its cold

Mine is all stock and I had no issues. Like Herve said....if you get an issue let him know.

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
On a different note, today I opened all the holes in the covering for the stab tube , rudder cables, locater pins, side windows and the bolts holes to hold the canopy and stab on. I borrowed the little trick from Tseres with the side windows which is cut the covering a little smaller and seal it down over the lip with a trim iron, make a great looking job. Windows fit in snug and flush with no gaps anywhere. Did the hole punch thing on the masking tape and put over the holes for the hinges. I am at the point now where I am filing out the servo holes. That is going to take some time, almost wish I had went with HiTech servos, but I think the Savox will be worth it.---Smitty
I take it the Savox servos are bigger? I have never used Savox.

BalsaDust

Though I know Robert hinges are nice myself and another flying buddy use the cheaper ones that can be bought at hobby king and have not noticed a problem with any of them. They are in my carden cap with at least 30 trouble free flights until s dead stick damaged the fuse and my buddy had hundreds of flight on a 50cc sukhoi he had of another brand. Hinges held up great and actually only had one of them break during a really bad crash that destroyed the plane. Just my .02

Smitty

50cc
Today was a good day in the building of the Sukhoi. I opened all the servo holes and hinged the stab and elevators and rudder. Tomorrow I will get all the tape off. Do any of you guys that have built this plane remember how long of extensions you used on the servos in the stab. Think I am going to get some wire tensioners from Seacraft, not sure ye but I can make those pull-pulls look ugly with just crimping them. Trying to figure a way to glue in the side windows so they are really flush with the outside skin, think of putting masking tape over the covering real tight and after I glue them press the windows to the tape. Going to see what that would look like and if that would be the best deal.
I sure thank all you guys that have responded to all my questions.---Smitty

Smitty

50cc
Starting to look like a plane. I will hinge the wing tomorrow. Ordered my batteries and switches today. What prop are you guys that have the DLE-61 in this plane using. I am thinking a Falcon CF 24-9.---Smitty

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Starting to look like a plane. I will hinge the wing tomorrow. Ordered my batteries and switches today. What prop are you guys that have the DLE-61 in this plane using. I am thinking a Falcon CF 24-9.---Smitty

24x9 works great as long as your density altitude is not crazy. If you live where it is low and generally dry you'll be fine. It get's pretty humid here so I found the Falcon 24x8 to work better for just slightly better spool up and RPM. Nearly same speed with lost RPM's on the 24x9 just slower to spool. I was running DLE61 on stock muffler.

Smitty

50cc
Thanks Terry. I am in Tyler, Tx. and we have hot and humid days so I guess I will go lower pitch for the spool up. I was talking to Richard at WrongWay RC and he was talking about some of the PAU props that he has, they are wood. that have been working good on his GP-60. Here are a couple of pictures I took today.

Attachments

• 20151209_101009.jpg
    20151209_101009.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 231
  • 20151209_101033.jpg
    20151209_101033.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 199
  • 20151209_113611.jpg
    20151209_113611.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 218

kork

70cc twin V2
I found the the Mejlik 24x8evo vs 29x9 falcon was the ticket for my 61.
I think Terry and I are close to same elevation. My2c

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Nice, yea if he has the laminated props they are a little more of a load (thicker) than the carbon Falcon. you may want to try the 23x8 or whatever he is using on his GP60.