• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Ordered my Su-26

rmyers

70cc twin V2
Ah but two of those had to end on the rivet at all! Out of frustration I threw them in the trash and got out my box of hinges. No big deal but better caught on the ground during assembly.

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
The hinge on the bottom is brand new genuine Robart. The hinge on top is not. Look closely at it you can see the rivet is broken. I found them mixed in the rudder and elevators. One wing all Robart, the other, all grey market. I only thought it appropriate to point this out to Smitty as he is at the point of his build to examine them and make his own decision. I've already sent a PM to Herve to clarify. View attachment 46295
Hinges are all provided by the factory, and I have not had to replace any of mine. If you have any defective ones, we certainly replace them.

rmyers

70cc twin V2
No worries I already had a stash! Based on my experience with the first two I decided to just go ahead and replace them.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
The split end on the rivet is not going to affect anything. Glue 'er in there. I thought you meant the hinge itself broke.
that's what i thought too, i don't think it's as much of a concern to see the head of the rivet split like that

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
...................Mr. Burkert received the Sukhoi months before we received the new hardware.
Misguided, misinformed and slanderous bashing is what can get posters to be edited, or even banned (as it has happened repeatedly to Mr. Burkert in other threads).

it's hard for us to know if someone coming into the site has ulterior motives or not. i just did a quick search and did find plenty of content showing Mr. Burkert is here trying to continue his campaign against PAU, a situation I wasn't aware of.

@Bill Burkert while i do encourage the free sharing of information, i don't support people using the site to execute a grudge or to continue a situation that couldn't be handled privately. please adjust your participation here accordingly

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
fwiw, i flew my 50cc PAU Pitts Chellenger today and it was awesome! i was so freakin' intimidated by that thing and now it's flying great. a few tailslides, some flat spins, CG is very close to perfect....just very happy at the moment.

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
Sorry, looked at your build a few days ago and cracked up when you threw your glasses on the table. Thought that was a pitts bulldog, my bad.

Smitty

50cc
On a different note, today I opened all the holes in the covering for the stab tube , rudder cables, locater pins, side windows and the bolts holes to hold the canopy and stab on. I borrowed the little trick from Tseres with the side windows which is cut the covering a little smaller and seal it down over the lip with a trim iron, make a great looking job. Windows fit in snug and flush with no gaps anywhere. Did the hole punch thing on the masking tape and put over the holes for the hinges. I am at the point now where I am filing out the servo holes. That is going to take some time, almost wish I had went with HiTech servos, but I think the Savox will be worth it.---Smitty