• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Ordered my Su-26

Broke 2 of the knock off hinges dry fitting the rudder. Never broke a Robart.
Wow - I am so glad I replaced mine and very thing else. I bet if they broke in flight and crashed your plane that you would be blamed. A different website would get you flamed and banned, I bought the plane based on the advertising, manual, and couldn't find a disparaging word. Bashing is when things are falsely stated, truth in advertising helps everyone.

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
We cannot understand how anything can be sub-par for anyone while we have assembled dozens of our planes using all stock equipment with no issue.
The 100cc Edge flown by Gaby at XFC and TAS is 100% stock, using stock supplied hardware including the hinges, wheels and all other hardware.
Sometimes suppliers can change, and we cannot always go back to all manuals to edit and update everything. Lesson learned, was are no longer listing suppliers (any more that GM or Ford lists their OEM suppliers).
- The turnbuckles ARE titanium, albeit we no longer purchase them from Horizon.
- The Ball links until a couple of weeks ago were all purchase from Dubro (see attached invoice). We are replacing them with other OEM ball links that have already been tested, and are used by many of our reputable competitors. Declaring otherwise is insulting and slanderous to both PAU and Dubro.

Mr. Burkert received the Sukhoi months before we received the new hardware.
Misguided, misinformed and slanderous bashing is what can get posters to be edited, or even banned (as it has happened repeatedly to Mr. Burkert in other threads).

Attachments

• Dubro.JPG
    Dubro.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 275

Tseres

150cc
I built mine a year ago and I used all the stock hardware. Couldn't find anything to complain about. As a matter of fact everything works great. If you choose to change hardware that's on you. It has nothing to do with the Quality of the hardware that the plane comes with.
DSC_0114.JPG
DSC_0171.JPG

rmyers

70cc twin V2
I'm not complaining about the hinges. Stuff like that can happen.All the other hardware looks excellent. I feel it's my responsibility to inspect and replace components if I feel it necessary. Build on!

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
Broke 2 of the knock off hinges dry fitting the rudder. Never broke a Robart.
Did you play ping pong with the rudder while you were dry fitting? I guess I am not understanding how that happened unless you put two in with the hinge facing vertical instead of horizontal and tried forcing the rudder side to side.

rmyers

70cc twin V2
The hinge on the bottom is brand new genuine Robart. The hinge on top is not. Look closely at it you can see the rivet is broken. I found them mixed in the rudder and elevators. One wing all Robart, the other, all grey market. I only thought it appropriate to point this out to Smitty as he is at the point of his build to examine them and make his own decision. I've already sent a PM to Herve to clarify.
DSCN1204.JPG

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
The split end on the rivet is not going to affect anything. Glue 'er in there. I thought you meant the hinge itself broke.

rmyers

70cc twin V2
Like I said I've already sent a PM to Herve outlining my concerns. This is just a case as is with any ARF from China of builder beware.There's no way the company owner in the States can guarantee 100% of what goes into these things. It's our individual responsibility to inspect and decide what's best to use in our planes.