• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Peak Models 32% Extra 330 SC

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Some progress! But......Going to have to over come header drop and off set. The 2n1 header comes in a short or long drop. Short is 50mm and the long is 70mm. Of course I have the short but it is not short enough. I measured and found that a 35mm drop would put it center of the pipe tunnel. Facing the engine, the off set is to the left about 20 degrees which is marginal and can be delt with.
I will probably re-solder the flanges so a 35mm drop can be achieved. Another problem is that a large pro flow can is to large in diameter to fit in the pipe tunnel and air frame modification is out of the question for the bottom of the pipe tunnel is also where the landing gear plate is . I found that a Grieves pipe for 70 to 80 cc cylinders will fit. So I have been communicating with GSN members and may have found a supplier in the classifieds. I robbed the tail wheel from this ARF to put on my Edge but I did find in my clutter of parts the necessary items to fashion one that looks similar to the new ones China is making for SDS, Hobby King etc...

View attachment 43054 View attachment 43055 View attachment 43056 View attachment 43057
Sorry I've not been on your build thread foe a while Kelly. Looks like it's coming along quite nicely. Looking forward to your maiden flight.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Sorry I've not been on your build thread foe a while Kelly. Looks like it's coming along quite nicely. Looking forward to your maiden flight.

In truth.......It has been a long while for this build/assembly. But that is just fine for me. I have learned to " savor " the anticipation of a new toy! Household / environmental needs have destroyed my "wish list" but I have GSN buddies to get me through it! @ChickenBalls @Madinpensacola @Terryscustom Derrek and I are not going to H.O.W. We both decided that because of limited funds at this time it would be best to stay home. We both do want to get out and enjoy this wonderful hobby with all of you and those that do go but life does get in the way. Good "intentions" but what is that saying???......A road leading somewhere??? "hot"!!! and "flames"!!! and all lol.

Rob feel to post here any time my friend. What you think about my exhaust night mare???

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I have been racking my brain over the "exhaust" set up on this air frame. One could barely squeeze a couple of small canisters for a twin but this plane was obviously built for a single 60cc class engine. I am going to put my modeling experience to the test and use the 2n1 header to make a 2n1 pitts muffler! Yep! A pitts muffler for a twin! Wish me luck.
Personally I think were it me? Use that DA 2 to 1 header system. Put a down spout at the end of it and run that baby open header exhaust. Pretty sure you get the attention I know you're craving. Lmao
:laughing:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Personally I think were it me? Use that DA 2 to 1 header system. Put a down spout at the end of it and run that baby open header exhaust. Pretty sure you get the attention I know you're craving. Lmao
:laughing:

Great minds think alike! I was considering but I would be "chastised" and burned at the stake by the community of "officials" lol.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
In truth.......It has been a long while for this build/assembly. But that is just fine for me. I have learned to " savor " the anticipation of a new toy! Household / environmental needs have destroyed my "wish list" but I have GSN buddies to get me through it! @ChickenBalls @Madinpensacola @Terryscustom Derrek and I are not going to H.O.W. We both decided that because of limited funds at this time it would be best to stay home. We both do want to get out and enjoy this wonderful hobby with all of you and those that do go but life does get in the way. Good "intentions" but what is that saying???......A road leading somewhere??? "hot"!!! and "flames"!!! and all lol.

Rob feel to post here any time my friend. What you think about my exhaust night mare???
@49dimes I'm going to HOW on a budget set by my lovely bride, it's Santa time around here, so I'm lucky to get to go. I hate your not going, but you should start planing NALL 2016 https://countingdownto.com/countdown/joe-nall-2016-countdown-clock only 203 days to go.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I just thought of a great idea!:cautious: I'm going to do a cuss jar for NALL! :steamer:YEA! See! A buck just went in:sneaky:.
A cuss jar would be just the ticket. 'Cept, I'd go flat broke. With the vocalization of one sentence, an' that damn jar would be full. See? That's what I'm talkin' 'bout.
:spongebob:
I've decided I will finance Nall '16 with the savings of my smoke money. Dang those nasty things are costing me roughly $7.50 a day. Hmm, 203 x $7.50, that would be $1521.50 by Nall time. Besides, from now on if I wanna smoke, I'll just stand under @emtp275 plane. He and @ChickenBalls @combat chicken and the rest of the guys will keep me choked fo sho'! So ya see @49dimes , ya'll gots to make it to Nall this year.

emtp275

100cc
A cuss jar would be just the ticket. 'Cept, I'd go flat broke. With the vocalization of one sentence, an' that damn jar would be full. See? That's what I'm talkin' 'bout.
:spongebob:
I've decided I will finance Nall '16 with the savings of my smoke money. Dang those nasty things are costing me roughly $7.50 a day. Hmm, 203 x $7.50, that would be $1521.50 by Nall time. Besides, from now on if I wanna smoke, I'll just stand under @emtp275 plane. He and @ChickenBalls @combat chicken and the rest of the guys will keep me choked fo sho'! So ya see @49dimes , ya'll gots to make it to Nall this year.

Hey its amazing the difference you see in your account when you quit smoking I know I did. Well unless you buy a buncha junk food and end up the size of a house with all the diabetes and hypertension that come with that sorta thing, Meh may as well just light up and burn one.